Windows 10: Accidently deleted SW Setup folder

Discus and support Accidently deleted SW Setup folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a few days ago I downloaded an update for my audio driver only to find out it didn't work. After that it created a SW setup folder that was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikaRam, Jul 8, 2019.

1. ErikaRam Win User

Accidently deleted SW Setup folder

So a few days ago I downloaded an update for my audio driver only to find out it didn't work. After that it created a SW setup folder that was not there before. It was taking up to much space so I deleted it.

Now everyone is saying to me that you won't be able to reset your laptop now because you deleted the drivers that came with your PC. Is this true and if so I don't know what to do because it's freaking me out.

:)

ErikaRam, Jul 8, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Accidently deleted SW Setup folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Accidently deleted SW Setup folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 8, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Accidently deleted SW Setup folder

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Accidently deleted SW Setup folder :(

lyndonguitar, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Accidently deleted SW Setup folder

1. Accidently deleted SW Setup folder - Similar Threads - Accidently deleted Setup

2. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  3. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  4. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do I need SW setup files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need SW setup files: I have almost 5 GB of SW Setup folders...numerous folders. Do I need them? I'd really like the space back, but if I need them, so be it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-sw-setup-files/3a5d6507-d6d9-4e9b-aa17-ebbc4936fe2a
  6. Do I need SW setup files

Do I need SW setup files: I have almost 5 GB of SW Setup folders...numerous folders. Do I need them? I'd really like the space back, but if I need them, so be it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-sw-setup-files/3a5d6507-d6d9-4e9b-aa17-ebbc4936fe2a
  7. setup accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setup accident: hey everyone when i was setting up my computer my mom accidently put my computer on a family account thing, so can anyone help me get out of the family group thing. thanks, if a Microsoft employee can help me. Sorry for the spelling errors....
  8. setup accident

setup accident: hey everyone when i was setting up my computer my mom accidently put my computer on a family account thing, so can anyone help me get out of the family group thing. thanks, if a Microsoft employee can help me. Sorry for the spelling errors....
  9. I accidently deleted my AppData folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidently deleted my AppData folder...: Yup...The title says it all. I saw it would give some more storage and thought to myself: Windows would not delete any important files would it now? I was wrong. My pathfinder is gone. Some of my homework is gone. A lot of files, apps etc. I am really depressed and i do not...
  10. Accidently deleted my start menu folder

in Cortana
    Accidently deleted my start menu folder: Hello, I accidentally deleted the start menu folder located here: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs I just wanted to deleted 2 icons from there. When I went in the folder, only those two icons showed up, so I proceeded to delete the...