Windows 10: Accidently deleted the Photos app

Discus and support Accidently deleted the Photos app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to have deleted the photo app from the apps screen, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get it back, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Auskart, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Auskart Win User

Accidently deleted the Photos app

Hi, I seem to have deleted the photo app from the apps screen, just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to get it back, I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

Cheers Shane.

:)

Auskart, Aug 9, 2015
  2. racin26 Win User

Deleted Photos

How do you find deleted photos.

they were deleted by accident

racin26, Aug 9, 2015
  3. DON88WONG Win User
    retrieve photos

I accidently deleted photos from camera roll on my window phone 8, how can I retreive the photos?

DON88WONG, Aug 9, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

click on the windows icon lower left ,go all apps, just below the power icon , ,its alphabetical ,so go to the P section, and its there ,just right click on it and pin to start

caperjack, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Auskart Win User
    No, it's not there.

Auskart, Aug 9, 2015
  6. dwig Win User
    That makes is seem like you uninstalled the app rather than just deleting its icon from the Start menu. If that is the case, simply launch the Store and search for "Photos". That will turn up a number of hits including "Microsoft Photos". The entry for "Microsoft Photos" will say "Installed" if it is really still on your computer or "Owned" if you've uninstalled it.

dwig, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Auskart Win User
    It tells me it is installed, do you know what folder it is kept in.
    When I try to re install it I get an error code 0x80070005.

Thanks

Auskart, Aug 9, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

not on win10 right now so i cant look to say for sure . so look for C:\Program files\windows apps

caperjack, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.803.16240.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2015
  10. What if you hit Start and type "Photos"?

Accidently deleted the Photos app [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Type photos into search and see what shows up.

alphanumeric, Aug 9, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User
    DoH!*Redface

caperjack, Aug 9, 2015
  13. Accidently deleted the Photos app

I could have sworn your post wasn't there when I posted mine?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidently deleted the Photos app - Similar Threads - Accidently deleted Photos

2. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  3. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  4. I deleted 4000 photos accidently while using the photo app's facial recognition feature...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted 4000 photos accidently while using the photo app's facial recognition feature...: i was using the photo app that apparently came with the computer and can't figure out how to get my deleted photos back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-4000-photos-accidently-while-using-the/31c117a5-dd5d-4868-bf07-2dfe0c6459d4
  5. I deleted 4000 photos accidently while using the photo app's facial recognition feature...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted 4000 photos accidently while using the photo app's facial recognition feature...: i was using the photo app that apparently came with the computer and can't figure out how to get my deleted photos back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-4000-photos-accidently-while-using-the/31c117a5-dd5d-4868-bf07-2dfe0c6459d4
  6. I deleted 4000 photos accidently while using the photo app's facial recognition feature...

7. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  8. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  9. Deleting Photos app

Deleting Photos app: Windows 10 Home. 2004. Microsoft Photos. When trying to open image file message given is --- 'File System Error -2147163901}. I've tried to uninstall the app via -- Settings>Microsoft Photos>Uninstall but the option is greyed out. It was my intention to reinstalling...
  10. Sharing photos by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing photos by accident: Our work group uses the Surface Pro. One of the group member's photos starting showing up on all other team members Surface Pro devices. How can we stop this sharing?...