Windows 10: accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

Discus and support accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my issue seems to be different from just about everyone. Ive tried password resets with my usb, safe mode ( it brings me back to the same damn login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1catysfriend1, Mar 8, 2020.

1. accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

my issue seems to be different from just about everyone. Ive tried password resets with my usb, safe mode ( it brings me back to the same damn login screen,) setting an administrator pass and even using cmd with a variety of commands. Powershell doesn't work and results from cmd are different from the ones the internet says I should be getting. I suppose its because its 2020. Please help me out, I just got this fixed for 200$

win 10
    huh, just realised that this touchscreen laptop was manufactured in 2017. Should be easily fixed like the others, yet it isn't.
    I only have a pin, but the option isn't there. face recognition doesn't work, camera "doesn't turn on"

:)

1catysfriend1, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Dani Win User

Accidently disabled all services via msconfig

I was trying to debug explorer hangs and accidently disabled all services via msconfig. Now the Windows 10 boots up but there is no login screen. Trying to get into safe mode but shift+restart does not work.

How can I restore my system back to working condition?

Dani, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Disabled all services in MSConfig

Hi Nancy,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting the issue, kindly refer to the post of Frederik Long on this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Mar 8, 2020
  4. accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

Windows 10 - all services disabled by accident in msconfig.

Hello experts,

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Unfortunately I have disabled all my windows services by accident in msconfig. Now I am unable to login , it is showing only wallpaper and power options. I have tried shift + restart several times but system is rebooting to the same screen without showing
    any recovery options. Please help me to re enable my services.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Anoop

AnoopR Nath, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted.

1. accidently disabled everything in msconfig and restarted. - Similar Threads - accidently disabled everything

2. msconfig

in Windows 10 Customization
    msconfig: When i type msconfig in the run box and hit OK i can see several tabs-under the boot tab, i can see "advanced options" tab box which has a blue grey appearance. When i click on it nothing happens, same for the other two boxes Set as default and Delete which are also blue...
  3. MSCONFIG

MSCONFIG: Can someone explain what I would achieve if I ticked the box to hide MS services in "MSCONFIG" (tab services) ? Also in START UP I have only got Windows Defender nothing else. Brian...
  4. msconfig...

msconfig...: Hello everyone. My question is why to use or what is the msconfig command for? And in that it can be useful. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig/07f434bd-1a5b-4481-adc0-260e2f2548a9
  5. BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings

BSOD after accidently changing msconfig sittings: Hello My sister accidentally changed the numbers in "msconfig>boot advanced options>maximum memory" from "4096" to "34" after she restarted the laptop the blue screen appeared i tried system restore,startup repair and command prompt but nothing worked for me. Please help...
  6. Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 msconfig disabled all services: After i accidentally disabled all window services on msconfig i restarted my pc the my password or pin is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-msconfig-disabled-all-services/7d2f466e-f3f0-42ab-85d1-4f9a382f43cd
  7. Msconfig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Msconfig: Hello, I have followed Greg Carmack's Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist, and it is very helpful, but in Step 4, when I open the msconfig application and go to hide all Microsoft services, some of the services are of programs I have already uninstalled....
  8. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...
  9. Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Msconfig - which Microsoft services to disable?: As the title really, have any of you disabled Microsoft services in Msconfig. If so, which ones? Thanks Chris 47062
  10. Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot disable services thru MSCONFIG: Hi All Cannot get any updates for my windows 10 PC - update service hanging - am now 1 year out of date Tried to stop/start Windows Update service but that comes back with 'unable to stop service' Suggestion was to try a clean start by disabling non MS services Tried this...