Windows 10: Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings...

Discus and support Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings and restarted. Now when I power On my computer, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarshilSumra, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings...

Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings and restarted.

Now when I power On my computer, there is no display and I can't even open "My Computer"'s properties or system settings.

Please Help me out

:)

HarshilSumra, Mar 22, 2021
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. ryanGus Win User
    How to edit the user path environment variable (not system path)

I need to edit the user path environment variable (not the
    system path), but it doesn't seem possible in any way. I have edited the user path before on another computer running Windows 7 by right clicking My Computer --> Advanced System Settings --> Environment Variables --> and editing the user path in the
    top dialog box (not the system path in the bottom dialog box). I tried the same thing in Windows 10 but "path" doesn't show up in the user environment variables dialog box, only TEMP and TMP show up.

I also tried searching for path after hitting the windows key and clicking "Edit environment variables for your account" but nothing happens when I click it. If I search for "path" when in Control Panel, I also get the option to click "Edit environment variables
    for your account" but again, nothing happens when I click it. I also tried running Regedit --> HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Environment, but the same options of TEMP and TMP show up, with no "path" option. I have tried searching the web for hours trying to solve
    this problem but I can't find a solution. Is there any other way to change edit the user path? Is Microsoft actively trying to address this problem? I am running on Windows 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.104. I am the only user on this machine and I am the
    administrator.

ryanGus, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings...

i accidently deleted system environment variable path

Hi Kris and welcome to Ten Forums.
    You could try downloading Tweaking.com Windows Repair, and run the prescan then select the repair environment variables option.
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings... [​IMG]

Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings... [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings...

1. Accidently edited all path files in system environment in "My Computer"'s advanced settings... - Similar Threads - Accidently edited path

2. Can't edit the system environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit the system environment.: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a problem about the custom environment. The picture below is showed I can't custom the system environment and I just custom only user environment. How I can custom system environment. without regedit, I know use regedit to add system...
  3. Can't edit the system environment.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't edit the system environment.: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a problem about the custom environment. The picture below is showed I can't custom the system environment and I just custom only user environment. How I can custom system environment. without regedit, I know use regedit to add system...
  4. Can't edit the system environment.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 Advanced System Settings shows different path than Command Prompt PATH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Advanced System Settings shows different path than Command Prompt PATH: The changes to User Variables I made in System Properties aka Advanced System Settings Environment Variables do NOT appear in Command Prompt's PATH, despite a reboot. Several items in Environment Variables are not in the PATH.Why not, but more importantly, how can I fix it?I...
  6. Win10 Advanced System Settings shows different path than Command Prompt PATH

Win10 Advanced System Settings shows different path than Command Prompt PATH: The changes to User Variables I made in System Properties aka Advanced System Settings Environment Variables do NOT appear in Command Prompt's PATH, despite a reboot. Several items in Environment Variables are not in the PATH.Why not, but more importantly, how can I fix it?I...
  7. Win10 Advanced System Settings shows different path than Command Prompt PATH

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. set path in windows 10 for environment variables

set path in windows 10 for environment variables: Set path in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-path-in-windows-10-for-environment-variables/b608e15a-4994-4d1a-ae4e-1d220293dc22
  9. Unable to edit file owner with Advanced Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to edit file owner with Advanced Settings: I am desperately trying to disable Antimalware Executable. I have added the registry variables that supposedly disable Windows Defender, but after rebooting it fails to keep the Antimalware Executable out of my task manager. The program eats up my disk harder than my system...
  10. i accidently deleted system environment variable path

in Windows 10 Support
    i accidently deleted system environment variable path: i accidently deleted the system environment variable path value now i cant run my java or while typing javac in CMD itit shows javac is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." please tell how do i get the real path 70122