Windows 10: Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves

Discus and support Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had attempted to move my documents folder as that was the only thing that could free up file space on my c drive, and it somehow delted all my save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexanderHolm, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves

I had attempted to move my documents folder as that was the only thing that could free up file space on my c drive, and it somehow delted all my save games when i copied it to the f drive and delted it from my c drive. i have no idea how to recover these files, or reinstall the documents folder as i had installed visual studios and now cant uninstall it for some reason, it says it requires a "trusted installer" to uninstall the shared folders for it Please help

:)

AlexanderHolm, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Ripper3 Win User

Moving saved games

Just copy the whole Steam folder across to the other drive, and then once everything is reinstalled, run Steam, create shortcuts, and you're done, no faffing about with reinstalling Steam and games, and copying saves, I've got my Steam folder on drive D: and it's safe from any reinstalls and formats I do, and I've even copied it across to other PCs for safe-keeping and playing when my machine is down.
    Crysis, as far as I know, saves the save game files in your Documents folder. As long as your My Documents folder is the same every time, it should detect it.
    Test Drive Unlimited is not going to give you any trouble, the folder with the same game files is in your Documents folder with the useful name "Test Drive Unlimited". If you ever need to use the saves in other places, just copy the folder into the My Documents folder.

Ripper3, Apr 20, 2020
  3. pagalms Win User
    moving saved games

Yep, NFS Prostreet and Most Wanted saves in My Documents. Some games, for example COD4 saves in their Program Files folder. NFSU2 saves somewhere in Documents and Settings.
    Yes, you can just move them and they will work.

pagalms, Apr 20, 2020
  4. tbotello Win User

Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves

Moved Documents folder to enter drive, not folder. Can't restore.

I did a fresh install of Win10 on an SSD and was in the process of moving the Documents folder to a separate HDD (F drive) using the 'Move to' option but I selected just the F: drive instead of a new Documents folder. When I tried to move again to the Documents folder on the F: drive, it said "invalid file path". When I tried to restore back to default location (in users folder), it stated "access denied". When I go to my user folder now, it looks like below, instead of a "documents" folder, the F: drive appears. How can I change from the documents being the entire F: drive to a folder on the F: drive? Thanks to all in advance.

Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves [​IMG]

tbotello, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves

1. Accidently moved my documents folder to f drive, and it deleted all my game saves - Similar Threads - Accidently moved documents

2. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.: After it I put all deleted items back in, but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-my-users-folder-in-c-drive/9dcf93f8-5213-4c2e-bfb8-f12364562060
  3. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.: After it I put all deleted items back in, but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-my-users-folder-in-c-drive/9dcf93f8-5213-4c2e-bfb8-f12364562060
  4. Accidently deleted my users folder in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  6. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  7. I deleted my One Drive folder on accident, and have lost years of documents and photos!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my One Drive folder on accident, and have lost years of documents and photos!: Hey all, Like the title says, I uninstalled OneDrive, then deleted my One Drive folder, and then realized I had lost years of documents and photos, the issue is, nothing ever went to my Recycle Bin, i logged into OneDrive on browser and also nothing. I tried restoring my PC...
  8. I deleted my One Drive folder on accident, and have lost years of documents and photos!

I deleted my One Drive folder on accident, and have lost years of documents and photos!: Hey all, Like the title says, I uninstalled OneDrive, then deleted my One Drive folder, and then realized I had lost years of documents and photos, the issue is, nothing ever went to my Recycle Bin, i logged into OneDrive on browser and also nothing. I tried restoring my PC...
  9. Moving my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Accidently moved my documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently moved my documents folder: I was scrolling through my file explorer and I think I accidently dragged my Documents folder to the desktop folder. Now I'm not sure where it is supposed to be. When my usual scheduled backup ran, I received a message that this folder could not be backed up. The file...