Windows 10: Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.

Discus and support Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account. in Cortana to solve the problem; Just tried Cortana. My microsoft email popped in to her account. I want to change and use my gmail account . I have looked everywhere, but I can't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Marie.Woods1575, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.

Just tried Cortana. My microsoft email popped in to her account. I want to change and use my gmail account . I have looked everywhere, but I can't find anywhere how to change it. Can anybody give me dummy step-by step instructions? I have Windows 10 64 bit.

Does she kinda take over? Does she get too much information on you? Is she backing things up to Microsoft cloud?

:)

Marie.Woods1575, Oct 14, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 14, 2019
  3. change email used for 'Microsoft Account'

lost password for the gmail used to login into 'Microsoft Account'

guess this account goes to sites like live.com

how change email? cant find it anywhere

win10user999, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account.

1. Accidently used my microsoft email for Cortana. Need to change it to a gmail account. - Similar Threads - Accidently used microsoft

2. I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account: I need help changing my email on my Microsoft account. was considering closing Microsoft completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-changing-my-email-on-my-microsoft/40e488c8-a946-46db-8e41-aab8aaa2ce4d
  3. Need to change my Microsoft account id email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change my Microsoft account id email: Hi, I am changing to a new internet Service provider. In this process I decided to create an @outlook email address. How can I update my account with the new email address? I tried through accounts. Microsoft.... but cannot enter it. I think when I created new email, it...
  4. Need to change my Microsoft account id email

Need to change my Microsoft account id email: Hi, I am changing to a new internet Service provider. In this process I decided to create an @outlook email address. How can I update my account with the new email address? I tried through accounts. Microsoft.... but cannot enter it. I think when I created new email, it...
  5. Need to change my Microsoft account id email

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.

Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.: I am receiving mail on my gmail account via my Apple Ipad and Android mobile phone but they have stopped on my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/0d5d9170-70fc-418f-8b45-e8bc826c91b7
  7. receiving emails on my gmail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    receiving emails on my gmail account: Hello. I'm not receiving any emails on my gmail account on my pc. I can only access them from my phone. Any tips? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/c545838f-6acf-4424-bcae-ce2f1202fec0
  8. change email used for 'Microsoft Account'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change email used for 'Microsoft Account': lost password for the gmail used to login into 'Microsoft Account' guess this account goes to sites like live.com how change email? cant find it anywhere 126256
  9. change email used for 'Microsoft Account'

in Windows 10 Support
    change email used for 'Microsoft Account': lost password for the gmail used to login into 'Microsoft Account' guess this account goes to sites like live.com how change email? cant find it anywhere 126256
  10. Not receiving email on my gmail account using my laptop

Not receiving email on my gmail account using my laptop: re: my gmail account-- i can access my gmail account (email) on my Iphone. But with my laptop, gmail says that "attention required". I have reset my password, but i still cannot access e-mail on gmail account on my laptop. Went to settings, etc. But no luck. Should I...