Windows 10: Accidently wiped my C & E drives with Storage Pool, Help!

Discus and support Accidently wiped my C & E drives with Storage Pool, Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a dilemma, I accidently deleted my C drive (Windows 10 Home) and my E drive (Storage) playing around with a Storage Pool. I deleted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gtiboy, Jan 15, 2021.

1. gtiboy Win User

Accidently wiped my C & E drives with Storage Pool, Help!

Hi all, I have a dilemma, I accidently deleted my C drive (Windows 10 Home) and my E drive (Storage) playing around with a Storage Pool. I deleted the Pool.

In Disk Management, my drives are now showing as unallocated. I downloaded a program called Mini Tool partition wizard, which can detect all my data is still recoverable.

But I'd like to retrieve my partitions back to access the OS and data storage again. Is it even possible to recover the OS without having to re-install and recover the storage drive without recovering data and buy a new HDD?

:)

gtiboy, Jan 15, 2021
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. replacing a drive in storage pool

Hi Arni,

As you referring to replacement of failed drive under storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you created a storage pool on your device?
    • Which is the operating system installed on your device? Confirm to us if Windows 10.
    • Is your device connected to Windows Server/ domain network?

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2021
  4. rlmosk Win User

Not happy with Storage Pools.

New computer and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I created a storage pool using 2 extra hard drives. It worked fine but I was unaware that by creating this pool I would lose the independent use of my files on Drive C. My normal Library files are
    now mirrored with the 2 extra drives I used to create the storage pool. I thought my C Drive (Library-Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads) would stay separate from the storage pool and I could just copy files to my Storage Pool and delete them
    from my C: Drive if I wanted to.

I hope I'm explaining myself sufficiently. In other words, I thought creating a Storage Pool made 2 extra hard drives into one and you could copy files from the C: Drive when you wanted. Also, be able to delete files from the C: Drive in order to not fill
    it up so much. My C: Drive is a 512 GB SS drive. My 2 extra hard drives are 3TB each standard 7200 RPM SATA hard drives.

If this is how this works, I think I would rather have my drives back the way they were. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Accidently wiped my C & E drives with Storage Pool, Help! - Similar Threads - Accidently wiped drives

2. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  3. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  4. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  5. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  6. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Storage C To Storage E not working.

Storage C To Storage E not working.: When I try and change my default storage from 'C' to 'E' everything is still being sent to 'C' even though it shows that everything should be sent to 'E'. [ATTACH] There's no reason it should be doing what's it's doing and my 'C' storage is already half full Boot drive with...
  8. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  9. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  10. Wiped My Computer By Accident

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiped My Computer By Accident: Hi, I have done something really stupid and wiped my hard drives on my Lenovo laptop and now have nothing at all to boot up. For information I was using Mini Tool Partion and thought I was wiping an external hard drive that I had connected via usb. I am looking for some...