Windows 10: According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?

Discus and support According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Basically the title of this post. It's not just these two apps. Same with Spotify. The thing is, I only have discord open once? The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by W.C. Blitzy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?

According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't? cfa0c988-cdaf-4c1b-8812-4b462318c069?upload=true.png

Basically the title of this post.

It's not just these two apps. Same with Spotify.

The thing is, I only have discord open once? The same with Chrome. When I took that screenshot, I had 6 tabs open on the browser.

My computer has gotten increasingly slower and I'm trying to figure it out.

Does anyone know what to do?

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Aug 19, 2018

2. TPU's Discord Server!

Same here. As soon as I got to the Discord server it totally locks my Chrome browser and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it in the task manager.

Running Windows 10 if that matters.

stinger608, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Google Chrome will not open, task manager will not launch

I've been having this same issue for some time. Things work after restarting Windows. But after a few days Chrome and Task manager will not start. Sometimes, after a while, the PC will report that it failed to start Task Manager.

I tried to run command prompt as administrator as suggested above. It won't start either.

Nathan1615, Aug 19, 2018
  4. According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?

discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?

1. According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't? - Similar Threads - According task manager

2. CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager: CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager.While my CPU base speed is 1.80 GHz but it goes to 0.79GHz. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-only-utilizing-44-according-to-task-manager/c1358bcd-bf61-4b3d-a597-d44ebd2d473b
  3. CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager: CPU only utilizing ≤44% according to Task Manager.While my CPU base speed is 1.80 GHz but it goes to 0.79GHz. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-only-utilizing-44-according-to-task-manager/c1358bcd-bf61-4b3d-a597-d44ebd2d473b
  4. My GPU seems to not be working according to Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU seems to not be working according to Task Manager: So I have a 1650 and about 3 days ago it started being iffy, It would display 0% usage on Task Manager I would restart my laptop and it would just work, recently it has totally stopped I checked to see if I needed to update drivers it said I didn't need to but just in case I...
  5. My GPU seems to not be working according to Task Manager

My GPU seems to not be working according to Task Manager: So I have a 1650 and about 3 days ago it started being iffy, It would display 0% usage on Task Manager I would restart my laptop and it would just work, recently it has totally stopped I checked to see if I needed to update drivers it said I didn't need to but just in case I...
  6. Browsers Aren't Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers Aren't Opening: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, I recently noticed that new browsers I install Opera, Firefox, Brave are not opening. They open on the first start up and after being closed and re-opened they open briefly, but then close. I tried installing from Microsoft store, and it...
  7. Browsers Aren't Opening

Browsers Aren't Opening: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, I recently noticed that new browsers I install Opera, Firefox, Brave are not opening. They open on the first start up and after being closed and re-opened they open briefly, but then close. I tried installing from Microsoft store, and it...
  8. Can't open chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open chrome browser: Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get...
  9. Multiple browsers showing in task manager but only ONE live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple browsers showing in task manager but only ONE live: I don't post here often but I hope somebody can help with the above problem. I have found, over the past few months, that if I leave a browser open, leave my PC and return, I usually have a frozen screen that only comes back to life if I close it down and re-load it. This...
  10. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager: When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the number increases to as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager discord 4 times

2. %localappdata%discord/most recent version

3. why is my pc running discord multiple times