Windows 10: "Account Already Exists" Problem

Discus and support "Account Already Exists" Problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Omar Gomez1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. "Account Already Exists" Problem

Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's connected to my Minecraft account to my new gmail, I click the 'verify' and 'make primary' button options, enter my new gmail, and I'm told the 'account already exists'. Naturally, I click the option to sign in and once I'm done filling out the info I'm told 'account does not exist' and then prompted to create an account and become stuck in this loop. How do I fix this?

:)

Omar Gomez1, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown "Account Already Exists" Problem :(

Zakin, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

"Account Already Exists" Problem

Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Thema:

"Account Already Exists" Problem

1. "Account Already Exists" Problem - Similar Threads - Account Already Exists

2. "Account Already Exists" Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account Already Exists" Problem: Hello, I'm in the middle of switching all my accounts connected to my old gmail to my new one. While trying to switch my microsoft account because it's connected to my Minecraft account to my new gmail, I click the 'verify' and 'make primary' button options, enter my new...
  3. An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An account already exist, not able to add account in Windows 11: Hello,I am writing this from my daughters account, I am her father.I am not able to add her account as another user.I have got the message that her account already is connected to this PC.Background:When I tried to add her account it took very long time to get the...
  4. Help with error this specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  5. Help with error this specified account already exists

Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  6. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  7. "Account already exist"

"Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  8. Mail app : Account already exists !!

Mail app : Account already exists !!: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, I log in using my Microsoft account, I tried to use Mail app with the same Email but when I tred to add it it says "Account already exists" I reset Mail app and now Im getting the error "something went wrong error code 0x80004005" Moved...
  9. the specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the specified account already exists: Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-account-already-exists/0ec62d29-1ebb-49bc-b9f7-6e85deace4ba
  10. Mail app account already exists

Mail app account already exists: I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer at...