Windows 10: Account and login

Discus and support Account and login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife has/had a university student email account that she used to log into her laptop. The other day, it must have gone inactive or something because... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BillUnger, Jul 25, 2020.

1. BillUnger Win User

Account and login

My wife has/had a university student email account that she used to log into her laptop. The other day, it must have gone inactive or something because her password which we know is correct no longer worked. We tried resetting the password and it tells us the email isn't valid. We have contacted the university but with covid, it is taking a long time for a response. Is there a way to side step the login so that she can gain access to her computer? To be clear, we can't get past the initial login screen. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

BillUnger, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Account and login

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Account and login

1. Account and login - Similar Threads - Account login

2. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  3. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  4. Can't login into my workplace account in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login into my workplace account in windows 11: Hi, I use windows 11 laptop, lenevo thinkpad Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts - Here I have logged in my personal Microsoft account and one workplace account. But when I try to add one more workplace account, it shows me error. This is my office email ID which I want to...
  5. Can't login into my workplace account in windows 11

Can't login into my workplace account in windows 11: Hi, I use windows 11 laptop, lenevo thinkpad Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts - Here I have logged in my personal Microsoft account and one workplace account. But when I try to add one more workplace account, it shows me error. This is my office email ID which I want to...
  6. I can not login my student account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not login my student account.: I'm reinstall a new windwos 10 on my laptop. But when I try to login my student account, it has some errors. here is the screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-my-student-account/69bf1956-6ad1-4389-a2ea-2596429e99d7
  7. I can not login my student account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not login my student account.: I'm reinstall a new windwos 10 on my laptop. But when I try to login my student account, it has some errors. here is the screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-my-student-account/69bf1956-6ad1-4389-a2ea-2596429e99d7
  8. I can not login my student account.

9. Can not login to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  10. Can not login to my microsoft account

Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...