Windows 10: Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps

Discus and support Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently having an issue where when a Windows Store app tries to use the account chooser I see a flash of the window but the account chooser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mjsztainbok, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps

I'm currently having an issue where when a Windows Store app tries to use the account chooser I see a flash of the window but the account chooser doesn't appear. It is happening in multiple apps (Settings for Windows Insider, Edge, Microsoft To Do, Microsoft Store, Sticky Notes, etc.) so it looks like something more systemic than app specific.

I've tried the following which made no difference:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
    • Logging out and logging back in
    • Rebooting
    • Running the Windows Store Troubleshooter
    • Running DISM and doing an SFC scan
    • Doing an in place upgrade of Windows
    • Making my account local and removing my Microsoft and work accounts from Accounts in Settings and adding them back in and making my account use the Microsoft account again

It looks like it is something user related as I created a new account on the same laptop and the account chooser opens with no issues when I used that account.

It's frustrating as since removing the accounts I can't login again to the apps that I had already logged into as the account chooser never comes up.

Any ideas what the cause could be and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/mjsztainbok
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mjsztainbok, Aug 3, 2020
  2. wahdangun Win User

App Store and iTunes Accounts Hacked

if you have itunes account beware guys,

source tomshardware

wahdangun, Aug 3, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps

1. Account chooser doesn't appear for Windows Store apps - Similar Threads - Account chooser doesn't

2. app store doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app store doesn't work: camera and the app store doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-doesnt-work/4e7c5d4f-8b0e-4fa7-838a-7abb6bc1ab73
  3. Roblox doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store?: For some reason my Roblox needs to upgrade, and i use Microsoft store for Roblox because my PC is based on 32x/86x. i tried to do some tricks by going to my library to upgrade Roblox, but no it doesn't appear in the library. Help me if u have an answer. Thx...
  4. Roblox doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store?: For some reason my Roblox needs to upgrade, and i use Microsoft store for Roblox because my PC is based on 32x/86x. i tried to do some tricks by going to my library to upgrade Roblox, but no it doesn't appear in the library. Help me if u have an answer. Thx...
  5. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  6. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  7. app logo doesn't appear.

in Windows 10 Customization
    app logo doesn't appear.: [ATTACH]app logo doesn't appearing in taskbar and also in apps list in start menu. i uninstall and reinstall then also problem occurs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-logo-doesnt-appear/c457942f-2a3b-4aaa-92d6-9cc2cc51f296
  8. Account picker not appearing in Windows Store Apps

Account picker not appearing in Windows Store Apps: For some reason, when I try to sign in to Windows Store apps e.g. Microsoft To Do, Windows Insiders, etc. the account picker does not appear. I see a flash of the dialog box on the screen but then it vanishes and I can't sign in. I've tried running the Windows Store...
  9. Windows Store App doesn't appear in application list after Reset this PC

Windows Store App doesn't appear in application list after Reset this PC: I had problem similar to this: Windows Store App has shown error after Update and won't update or install new apps I did Reset PC but kept files, but that didn't help. Any of these options also didn't help:...
  10. Default app list doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app list doesn't appear: I need to change my default pdf-reading. When I tried to bring up the "select app by file type" page, all I get is the header and nothing else? How do I fix it?...