Windows 10: Account closed and now can’t access laptop!

Discus and support Account closed and now can’t access laptop! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Urgent help needed! i purchased a laptop for ny daughter for xmas, now cant log in. The email address we set up isnt working for log in because for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sineadtr, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Sineadtr Win User

Account closed and now can’t access laptop!

Urgent help needed!

i purchased a laptop for ny daughter for xmas, now cant log in.

The email address we set up isnt working for log in because for some reason microsoft have closed it.
    Ive tried to set it up again but its not working?
    im so confused as to why theyve closed the outlook account.
    is there sby other way to log into the new laptop without the outlook account?

:)

Sineadtr, Dec 25, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 25, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Account closed and now can’t access laptop! - Similar Threads - Account closed can’t

2. Can’t access laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t access laptop: I have a hp notebook, that requires a sign in with a Microsoft account that I no longer have access too.It didn’t recognise my fingerprint, and requested my pin, which I can’t remember- As I haven’t used it in quite a while.How do I regain access To my laptop since I don’t...
  3. Can’t access laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access laptop: I have a hp notebook, that requires a sign in with a Microsoft account that I no longer have access too.It didn’t recognise my fingerprint, and requested my pin, which I can’t remember- As I haven’t used it in quite a while.How do I regain access To my laptop since I don’t...
  4. Can’t access laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  6. Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open bitlocker and can’t access Microsoft account: Hi,When I restarted by computer yesterday, the computer went to a blue screen and stated bitlocker needed to be unlocked for my computer. I don’t know why it suddenly required this. The screen said I need to access the Microsoft account for the computer to get a recovery...
  7. Can’t access laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t access laptop: Hi I’m having an issue accessing my laptop because for some reason it has changed the end of my email on the log in section from .com to .co.uk? I’m not sure how to change it and i’ve tried all other avenues and processes to try and access it. I’ve logged into my microsoft...
  8. Can’t access Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t access Microsoft account: I am truing to help my elderly father access his Microsoft account after his computer was hacked. The computer has been cleaned and when he got it back from the store, he needes ti re-enter his Microsoft account email and password. We tried his password and it didnt work....
  9. Can’t access family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t access family account: I tried to set up child accounts for my daughter but we are completely locked out. I just want to delete the child accounts now and start again but it only lets me remove, not delete them - how can I delete child accounts without the password to those accounts which is...
  10. Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong info on Microsoft account and can’t access laptop.: Hi My granfather has a new hp laptop and set up his microsoft account with an incorrect email address that can’t be accessed and the password he set up doesn’t work so we can’t log on to his laptop. I’ve tried resetting the password on microsoft live but as he’s never had a...