Windows 10: Account colours for Calendar app won't save

Discus and support Account colours for Calendar app won't save in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure if this was the right one to put it in.) On the Calendar app I've recently encountered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharTo, Oct 16, 2018.

1. CharTo Win User

Account colours for Calendar app won't save

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure if this was the right one to put it in.)

On the Calendar app I've recently encountered a problem. I have three accounts which I have assigned different colours to each account to categorise the events (ie my work events are assigned to my work email and show up in red, my family event are assigned to a family Gmail account and show up in purple, my personal event are assigned to my personal Gmail and show up in green) The problem is that I've found that while I can change the colours that are assigned to each account, every time I manually sync the calendars or I close the Calendar app then reopen it, the colours will change back to some default setting. This is an issue in particular as I set my three accounts for work, family and personal to red, purple and green respectively but it gets changed to green, red and green, so I sometimes get confused between the different categories. Previously I had no issue with "saving" the account colours in the app (I just choose the colours and it doesn't change back by itself). I've also had not other issues with the other personalisation settings (I recently changed the app display from Light Mode to Dark Mode and I haven't encountered any issues with that). Is there a way I can work around this (by finding another way to "save" my colour settings), or do I need to wait for an update?

I am on a Surface Pro 4, the latest update was on the 13/10/16, but I still had this issue before then.

Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen

:)

CharTo, Oct 16, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Account colours for Calendar app won't save [​IMG]

meebers, Oct 16, 2018
  3. In default Windows 10 calendar app, is there a way to include my work calendar (hosted by Rackspace in an Exchange account)?

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps.

• Click Setting(I.e. Gear Icon) on Calendar app

• Click Accounts.

• Select Add an account, tap or click the type of account you want to add, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

• Once it is done, Calendar app will Sync all your events from your work calendar.
    Hope this helps.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Account colours for Calendar app won't save

Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Account colours for Calendar app won't save

1. Account colours for Calendar app won't save - Similar Threads - Account colours Calendar

2. app error calendar won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app error calendar won't launch: Updated to windows 11. I tried clicking the date/time on the bottom right of my screen to check the calendar but it won't open. It is working before I upgraded....
  3. How to save items in Calendar app?

How to save items in Calendar app?: how can i save my l win 10 calendar with all my entry's on a thumb drive and transfer it to a new computer with win 10 O S [Original Title: calendar] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-items-in-calendar-app/407895df-333c-4229-ba4b-86d1889b2f10
  4. Missing Accounts in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Accounts in Calendar App: Hi. I've had my Surface Book 2 for about a year now, however, for about a couple of weeks my accounts on the Calendar app have been removed except for my 365 Account. I've been using 2 other gmail accounts as well as a yahoo account but these are now missing. I've gone...
  5. Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calendar App in Windows 10 -- Assigning Colours to different accounts: The Calendar app suddenly changed colors of all my calendars (including local and google accounts) to some incredibly awful acid colours. For some reason i cannot change colors of my calendars in settings -- at the first sync or input the system reverts to the same ugly...
  6. Colour Changes in Windows 10 Calendar App Revert Instantly

Colour Changes in Windows 10 Calendar App Revert Instantly: Whenever I try to change the colour of a calendar in the Windows 10 Calendar App, it instantly reverts back to orange. Currently on Windows 10 version 1809, with Calendar App version 16005.10827.20137.0 Moved From: Calendars and tasks / Import, share, or open calendars...
  7. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings: Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did...
  8. Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings

Calendar App Not Saving Colour Settings: Recently, my Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134) Calendar App does not keep my colour selection for my calendars. While I am able to change the colours of my calendars, every time I open the app, add an event, or sync the app, my calendars are reset to colours I did...
  9. Mail and Calendar Apps won't open

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar Apps won't open: My Mail and Calendar Apps worked well for about a week, but today neither will open. How can I get them to open? 14284
  10. Mail and Calendar app won't launch

Mail and Calendar app won't launch: Hi, I have a weird issue. My mail and calendar app will not launch. This started happening on Friday 7 August 2015 after the first cumulative update. I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have a Sony Vaio laptop and my installation is an upgrade from Windows 7 Home. Out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add account colours for calender app