Windows 10: Account confusion

Discus and support Account confusion in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I tried buying Microsoft Windows 10 addition on the same account I have on my Xbox. The purchase went through however when I go to download it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GabeSundberg, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Account confusion

So I tried buying Microsoft Windows 10 addition on the same account I have on my Xbox. The purchase went through however when I go to download it routes me to the Microsoft store which is logged in under a different account and says I have to but the game, which I already did. When I try to login to the account I purchased the game under it will not let me as it only will let me add a school or work login. So I don't know what to do as I can login or download the game and I hope I don't have to create a different account on my computer just to play Minecraft. I tried contacting support to no avail so I'm really hoping someone can help.

:)

GabeSundberg, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Try3, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Account confusion

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Account confusion

1. Account confusion - Similar Threads - Account confusion

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  4. Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...: Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs Standard account? Also, which one is more secure? do they need password protection ? as i hate entering passwords when my device stays at home...
  5. Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...

Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...: Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs Standard account? Also, which one is more secure? do they need password protection ? as i hate entering passwords when my device stays at home...
  6. Windows 11 Accounts Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Accounts Confusion: I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I was on my sign-in screen, cleaning the keyboard, when the machine said welcome and all of a sudden, it was setting up a new user. Luckily, my regular account is still good. However I am VERY puzzled by Windows behavior here. My regular account...
  7. Windows 11 Accounts Confusion

Windows 11 Accounts Confusion: I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I was on my sign-in screen, cleaning the keyboard, when the machine said welcome and all of a sudden, it was setting up a new user. Luckily, my regular account is still good. However I am VERY puzzled by Windows behavior here. My regular account...
  8. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop: I am totally confused over the way Microsoft and Windows sets up and treats Accounts and Logins. There is a very long history of how I got to where I am today, but I need to get this fixed before I proceed and upgrade to Microsoft 365 that is the Office 365 and Windows 11.I...
  9. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop: I am totally confused over the way Microsoft and Windows sets up and treats Accounts and Logins. There is a very long history of how I got to where I am today, but I need to get this fixed before I proceed and upgrade to Microsoft 365 that is the Office 365 and Windows 11.I...
  10. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization