Windows 10: Account Confusion

Discus and support Account Confusion in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by arsc173, Sep 21, 2022.

1. arsc173 Win User

Account Confusion

I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating that an account with that email address doesn't exist.In which case I then attempt to create a new account with that same email address, and receive a message indicating that an account already exists with this email address.How can this be?

:)

arsc173, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 21, 2022
  3. User Account Confusions

Certainly am ! First to uninstall Malwarebytes and disable Secure Boot. Then I am good to go.

Left starting until I could get a clear run,

DOWNLOADING ISO
    I am confused by the Download Menus which suggest downloading twice which is fine but in
    between seems to suggest downloading and UPDATING Windows 10. I seem to remember being warned at some stage updating Windows could cause confusion. Should I ignore this Dialogue - menu - step and proceed straight to downloading from the Microsoft site ?

Also I need the mouse to work efficiently is it ok
    a) to leave it in and/or
    b) to remove it an put it back during the Repair install ?

The touch pad is unreliable and only seems to work intermittently,

PostmanPuzzled, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Account Confusion

User Account confusions

It shouldn't. Stop it now and try to use Quick format. That should take much less than a minute.

Right-click on it, Format …, set the Quick format checkbox, Start.

Account Confusion [​IMG]

Account Confusion [​IMG]

Remember that this is only a test. The procedure for making it into an installation USB will reformat it again anyway. I'm only suggesting using Quick format so you can see if the USB is responding normally. If it is not then I suggest replacing it.

Denis

Thema:

Account Confusion

1. Account Confusion - Similar Threads - Account Confusion

2. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  3. user accounts confusion and permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user accounts confusion and permissions: hi. though i am quite a seasoned windows pc user, i have thus far not had experience with additional user accounts. i have recently migrated to a new pc with the help of pc mover software. what i did not realize is that i had created an extra user account and that perhaps the...
  4. Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...: Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs Standard account? Also, which one is more secure? do they need password protection ? as i hate entering passwords when my device stays at home...
  5. Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...

Confused between terms - Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs...: Administrator account vs Local administrator account? Local vs Standard account? Also, which one is more secure? do they need password protection ? as i hate entering passwords when my device stays at home...
  6. Windows 11 Accounts Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Accounts Confusion: I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I was on my sign-in screen, cleaning the keyboard, when the machine said welcome and all of a sudden, it was setting up a new user. Luckily, my regular account is still good. However I am VERY puzzled by Windows behavior here. My regular account...
  7. Windows 11 Accounts Confusion

Windows 11 Accounts Confusion: I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I was on my sign-in screen, cleaning the keyboard, when the machine said welcome and all of a sudden, it was setting up a new user. Luckily, my regular account is still good. However I am VERY puzzled by Windows behavior here. My regular account...
  8. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop: I am totally confused over the way Microsoft and Windows sets up and treats Accounts and Logins. There is a very long history of how I got to where I am today, but I need to get this fixed before I proceed and upgrade to Microsoft 365 that is the Office 365 and Windows 11.I...
  9. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop: I am totally confused over the way Microsoft and Windows sets up and treats Accounts and Logins. There is a very long history of how I got to where I am today, but I need to get this fixed before I proceed and upgrade to Microsoft 365 that is the Office 365 and Windows 11.I...
  10. Accounts confusion on Windows, Microsoft, Outlook and my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization