Windows 10: Account Confusion

Discus and support Account Confusion in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by arsc173, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:32 AM.

1. arsc173 Win User

Account Confusion

I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating that an account with that email address doesn't exist.In which case I then attempt to create a new account with that same email address, and receive a message indicating that an account already exists with this email address.How can this be?

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

3. User Account Confusions

Certainly am ! First to uninstall Malwarebytes and disable Secure Boot. Then I am good to go.

Left starting until I could get a clear run,

DOWNLOADING ISO
    I am confused by the Download Menus which suggest downloading twice which is fine but in
    between seems to suggest downloading and UPDATING Windows 10. I seem to remember being warned at some stage updating Windows could cause confusion. Should I ignore this Dialogue - menu - step and proceed straight to downloading from the Microsoft site ?

Also I need the mouse to work efficiently is it ok
    a) to leave it in and/or
    b) to remove it an put it back during the Repair install ?

The touch pad is unreliable and only seems to work intermittently,

PostmanPuzzled, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:34 AM
  4. Try3 Win User

Account Confusion

User Account confusions

It shouldn't. Stop it now and try to use Quick format. That should take much less than a minute.

Right-click on it, Format …, set the Quick format checkbox, Start.

Account Confusion [​IMG]

Account Confusion [​IMG]

Remember that this is only a test. The procedure for making it into an installation USB will reformat it again anyway. I'm only suggesting using Quick format so you can see if the USB is responding normally. If it is not then I suggest replacing it.

Denis

Thema:

Account Confusion

1. Account Confusion - Similar Threads - Account Confusion

2. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  3. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  4. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !: I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see...
  5. Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !

Mail Help for Add Account is confusing !: I use Outlook desktop client in 365 for email but I am trying to set up the Mail app as backup.This is the first instruction in Help for setting up a new account in Mail :-Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.Email address This is the name you'll see...
  6. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  7. confused about account types

confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  8. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.: In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt...
  10. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.: In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt...