Windows 10: Account/Device confusion, game will not install

Discus and support Account/Device confusion, game will not install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10, brilliant now I can play Halo wars 2. I bought a digital copy on my 'gaming' Microsoft account. This is not my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CakeMachine, May 1, 2020.

1. Account/Device confusion, game will not install

I recently updated to Windows 10, brilliant now I can play Halo wars 2.

I bought a digital copy on my 'gaming' Microsoft account. This is not my main account. When I came to install the game it said there was no device linked to the account. I went to my settings and linked my gaming account to my PC. When I returned to the store to install the game it still says it can not find a device linked to the account?

My account info says it has my PC as a device but clicking the option to install the game fails to find a device?

Help!!

:)

CakeMachine, May 1, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 1, 2020
  3. A Monell Win User
    confused about selecting boot device

This is good information but I am confused about step 2 below. Wouldn't I need to select whatever device, USB or DVD, the install media is on at this point and not how I want the final install to boot?
    Thanks,and sorry for dragging up an old post but it had most of the info I was looking for.

It is up to you whether you want to install Windows using MBR or GPT and you need to set the option in the BIOS for MBR or GPT style installation.

Having said that. Here's the steps:
    1. Disconnect all HD/SSD except the one you will be installing Windows
    2. From the boot menu, Select #1 for GPT or select #2 for MBR to boot up the Windows Installation
      Attachment 29081
      NOTE: The screen is an example and might look different from yours
    3. Once the Windows Installation started. On the first screen, Press and hold SHIFT Key + F10, a command Windows will popup then type:
      - diskpart
      - select disk 0
      - Clean
      - Exit
      - Exit
    4. Click Next to continue.
    5. Select Custom
    6. Select the first unallocated partition and click next. Windows will create all needed partitions to install Windows 10
    7. Follow all the rest of the instruction to complete.

MBR installation:
    1. 500MB System Reserved partition
    2. C: Drive
    GPT installation:
    1. 450MB recovery partition
    2. 100MB EFI System Partition
    3. 16MB MSR partition
    4. C drive.
    [/QUOTE]

A Monell, May 1, 2020
  4. Account/Device confusion, game will not install

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Account/Device confusion, game will not install

1. Account/Device confusion, game will not install - Similar Threads - Account Device confusion

2. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  3. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Confusion: I have been given an invitation to use 365 cloud storage in an alternate account to this one.Therefore I am trying to log into a personal ms account I apparently have, other than this 365 one.I enter the email address of the personal account and am shown a message stating...
  4. Account Confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. game confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game confusion: why do i own forza on pc but no other games cant other games from xbox transfer over to your pc account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-confusion/880f6c57-3a85-40cd-bea8-b06075176601
  6. microsoft account confusion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft account confusion: when i got my pc my brothers friend sighed they're microsoft account on it and i didnt know that is they're a way to not lose my data on my computer i'm confused someone please help...
  7. User accounts confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accounts confusion: No idea where else to post this... Several years ago I bought my current system from eBay, and it arrived with a user account set up call it "BLUE1" that I was unaware of, as I went through my own personalization, creating a user account, etc. Soon I realized there were...
  8. Account confusion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account confusion: So I tried buying Microsoft Windows 10 addition on the same account I have on my Xbox. The purchase went through however when I go to download it routes me to the Microsoft store which is logged in under a different account and says I have to but the game, which I already...
  9. Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion: A Account confusion: I had to re-install Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 for the third time as for various reasons my new PC had to be reset to factory settings twice. Having a MS account using my e-mail address call it here #1 at the 3rd install was not accepted. Trying #2...
  10. Microsoft Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Confusion: When I first setup my PC I used my MS account to login. The account name was an email address from cox.net. However shortly thereafter I changed to a local account. A few months ago I changed the account name to a Gmail address in anticipation of changing my internet provider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop cox.net loc:US