Windows 10: account does not exist how is that possible

Discus and support account does not exist how is that possible in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was able to sign in to my MS account last week however today when I get back to work it says does not exist. How is that possible? I didnt change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stone_torp, Sep 20, 2022.

1. account does not exist how is that possible

I was able to sign in to my MS account last week however today when I get back to work it says does not exist. How is that possible? I didnt change the password on my account so I believe someone took it? Is there any help on this? I need that account.

:)

stone_torp, Sep 20, 2022

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Zakin Win User

account does not exist how is that possible

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown account does not exist how is that possible :(

Zakin, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

account does not exist how is that possible

1. account does not exist how is that possible - Similar Threads - account does exist

2. Account Does not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Does not Exist: I went on a vacation for a week and when I came back to play Minecraft I was logged out. I tried signing back in but it said that my Microsoft email doesn't exist. I searched for answers and even read a few community questions on this page but nothing helped. I made a new...
  3. Account Does not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Does not Exist: I went on a vacation for a week and when I came back to play Minecraft I was logged out. I tried signing back in but it said that my Microsoft email doesn't exist. I searched for answers and even read a few community questions on this page but nothing helped. I made a new...
  4. account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account does not exist: I am trying to add a new account to my HP laptop. I can get into my account through the microsoft website, but when trying to log in to the computer as the user, it states my account does not exist. I have tried the options provided, but nothing is currently working. Because...
  5. account does not exist

account does not exist: I am trying to add a new account to my HP laptop. I can get into my account through the microsoft website, but when trying to log in to the computer as the user, it states my account does not exist. I have tried the options provided, but nothing is currently working. Because...
  6. account does not exist how is that possible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    account does not exist how is that possible: I was able to sign in to my MS account last week however today when I get back to work it says does not exist. How is that possible? I didnt change the password on my account so I believe someone took it? Is there any help on this? I need that account....
  7. account does not exist how is that possible

account does not exist how is that possible: I was able to sign in to my MS account last week however today when I get back to work it says does not exist. How is that possible? I didnt change the password on my account so I believe someone took it? Is there any help on this? I need that account....
  8. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  9. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  10. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...