Windows 10: Account Email address editing

Discus and support Account Email address editing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I edit the email address in my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveRobinson6, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Account Email address editing

how do I edit the email address in my account

:)

DaveRobinson6, Mar 31, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2019
  3. MT Alex Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Account Email address editing :eek:

MT Alex, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Account Email address editing

Can I edit the my email address name?

Hello Mooey,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account.

An alias is the best way in this case, to change your email, but keep all your mail. So I suggest you to add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can keep or remove the original alias.

Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to
      the Microsoft account website

• Select Your info.

• Select Manage your sign-in email or phone number.

• Select Add email alias.

• Enter a new email address, and then click Add alias. If the address you request is already taken, you’ll be prompted to enter a different address.

- or -

Select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, enter an existing email address, and then select
      Add alias.

Ref: Use aliases to add email addresses to your account

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Account Email address editing

1. Account Email address editing - Similar Threads - Account Email address

2. Email address and family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  3. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  4. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Full stops in email addresses in account

Full stops in email addresses in account: Does Microsoft accept but ignore full stops in email addresses in a Microsoft account? For example does Microsoft treat these two email addresses as the same?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@outlook.comThanks...
  6. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  7. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  8. Mail - how to edit autofill email address

Mail - how to edit autofill email address: How do you edit/ delete address from the Autocomplete Email addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-how-to-edit-autofill-email-address/ec7bdddb-ee55-4c57-8e64-85975dd8da02
  9. Microsoft account with invalid email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...
  10. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"