Windows 10: Account email troubles

Discus and support Account email troubles in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A while ago, I made a post on the form when I deleted my Microsoft account while still logged in with it on my PC and there were many troubles with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thene_25, Dec 19, 2019.

1. thene_25 Win User

Account email troubles

A while ago, I made a post on the form when I deleted my Microsoft account while still logged in with it on my PC and there were many troubles with that- I just converted it to a local account and I later ended up changing my current Microsoft account's email to the account I deleted's email. aka my main account now has the email that was attached to the deleted one. I removed the old email address, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and added the new email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

The photo shows only one email attached to my account:

Account email troubles 32272075-5a0e-422e-a66f-a27546f260b0?upload=true.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------

However, when I go to log into my account, I get this message:
    Account email troubles 1380eb73-af25-4fdd-9852-c234a2d32591?upload=true.png

I requested that this email be removed from my account?

I do actually get the account verification email, if I log into my old email so if my old email account got hacked and I tried to change it,

the hackers would still get access to all my data
    Every once in a while, when I go to view something for my account settings even on account.microsoft.com, it refers to me as my old email account.

How to fix this?

...and I'm not sure if this is related, but if I run "netplwiz" on my laptop and change my user name and last name, next time I log in, they'll be erased and it'll refer to me as my email account instead. This is not the case with other local accounts.

Any help/info would be appreciated.

let me know if I'm just being stupid

:)

thene_25, Dec 19, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 19, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Account email troubles

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Account email troubles

1. Account email troubles - Similar Threads - Account email troubles

2. Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles: I am trying ultimately reset my password for my Microsoft Account, However I no longer have access to my email account.My autofill passwords no longer work.I have tried to reset the old email through their services, and can not.I have tried the recovery form several times...
  3. Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles: I am trying ultimately reset my password for my Microsoft Account, However I no longer have access to my email account.My autofill passwords no longer work.I have tried to reset the old email through their services, and can not.I have tried the recovery form several times...
  4. Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. trouble Syncing email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble Syncing email: I'm having trouble Syncing my email from my iphone to my computer??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-syncing-email/5d4ac8a1-c3b6-473a-addf-6e06e36b8c0a
  6. trouble Syncing email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trouble Syncing email: I'm having trouble Syncing my email from my iphone to my computer??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-syncing-email/5d4ac8a1-c3b6-473a-addf-6e06e36b8c0a
  7. Alternate email account for MS troubles

in Browsers and Email
    Alternate email account for MS troubles: I've had trouble with my Thunderbird email client not being able to receive messages from my POP email account starting November 25*. Fed up, I went to the websites of a few businesses I visit and changed my email from <username>@verizon.net to <username>@email.com and had...
  8. Live Account Email troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Account Email troubles: My live.com email account won't allow me access on my pc. It's pinned on the task bar and when I click on it, it won't come up. After I click on it, it either won't do anything or the icon will disappear. When I pull it up in the search bar at the bottom left of my screen, I...
  9. trouble adding an email account to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble adding an email account to outlook: I'm hitting a wall when I set up another email account on outlook. I go to Add Account in Outlook 2013 and type in a new email account information and it asks for the password that my internet service provides. I only have the WIFI Password. Is that the same thing?...
  10. WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I experienced no problems with the upgrade, either during the upgrade process or after it was completed. The one problem I have concerns a single email account in WLM 2012. I have a total of 27 email...