Windows 10: Account gone from netplwiz user list

Discus and support Account gone from netplwiz user list in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaineRamiterre, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Account gone from netplwiz user list

I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone

:)

RaineRamiterre, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Account gone from netplwiz user list :(

Zakin, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

It should only be listed in netplwiz if it is active. In a command prompt, type net users to get a list of all user accounts (active or not). Type net user guest to see full details for that one account, including whether the system thinks it's active.

4. STDennis Win User

Account gone from netplwiz user list

User Account and data files

If you do the steps above again (netplwiz), select your account and choose properties. What is listed in User name and Full name?

STDennis, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Account gone from netplwiz user list

1. Account gone from netplwiz user list - Similar Threads - Account gone netplwiz

2. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  3. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  4. Undo deleted user account from netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo deleted user account from netplwiz: I accidently deleted my user account from netplwiz and rebooted. The files are there but there's no way to logon. I had it linked to a Microsoft account so if I readded the Microsoft account from another user could I regain access to the files?...
  5. Undo deleted user account from netplwiz

Undo deleted user account from netplwiz: I accidently deleted my user account from netplwiz and rebooted. The files are there but there's no way to logon. I had it linked to a Microsoft account so if I readded the Microsoft account from another user could I regain access to the files?...
  6. Account gone from netplwiz user list

Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  7. Account gone from netplwiz user list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  8. Account gone from list in netplwiz

Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  9. Account gone from list in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  10. Administrator Account is Gone after using Netplwiz!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account is Gone after using Netplwiz!: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if irs wrong!!! It started when I wanted to help my mom change her account name on her computer, but she didnt know what the administrative password was, despite being administrator. She wasn’t interested in finding it out...