Windows 10: Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive

Discus and support Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Months ago I got my Microsoft account hacked, the same account used to register to my laptop (Dell Inspiron) running Windows 10. The computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LodovicoMorando, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive

Hi,

Months ago I got my Microsoft account hacked, the same account used to register to my laptop (Dell Inspiron) running Windows 10. The computer stopped working just like that, my hard drive wasn't even recognize by my pc, I couldn't even refersh or reset it cause I needed my bitlocker key, and because my account was hacked, I couldn't get it. Infact, I recovered my account using a gmail adress, but no key was associated to the refreshed account. I had to change my hard drive then, while the Dell is still inside but blocked. I now would like to access my old files, but it keeps asking me for the bitlocker key. Is there anyway to get it back?

Thanks.

:)

LodovicoMorando, Nov 3, 2019

2. How to disable bitlocker auto unlock when my windows account password was changed?

How to prevent auto unlocking drives from my laptop when my windows password changed? Hack or change my account password to much more easy than decrypt disk, but why windows doesn't provide such functionality from the box? I looking for any scripts to auto unlock from powershell also.

I'm not going to "just disable unblock". It's very useful thing. I have too many things which starts from encrypted volume. I want to prevent access to my volume only just getting my account. If my system administrator account could be hacked, all sensitive data would be lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Login into your account
    2. Set up bitlocker, auto-unlock
    3. Restart PC and login into account
    4. Drive unlocked
    5. Logout from account (I switched off whole PC)
    6. Ask sysadmin to change your password to new one
    7. Login into your account with new password

Expected result: bitlocker drive locked

Actual result: drive unlocked

Georgy Grigoryev, Nov 3, 2019
  3. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Viruzz Win User

Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive

1. Account hacked, can't get my bitlocker key to unlock my hard drive - Similar Threads - Account hacked can't

2. Unable to unlock my locked drives need bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my locked drives need bitlocker recovery key: after seeing many questions about bitlocker . my driver are locked after installing New window on my New ssd I'm unable to unlock my hdd drives even i never activated bitlocker. and which MSA account logged in my laptop thre is no recovery key....
  3. i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive

i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive: i forgot my BitLocker recovery key. i tried so many things but i cant find it. please help me to fix this thank you.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-bitlocker-recovery-key-to-unlock-my-d-drive/60ca7a49-c91d-40c6-8d80-7816cf660b82
  4. i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want bitlocker recovery key to unlock my D drive: i forgot my BitLocker recovery key. i tried so many things but i cant find it. please help me to fix this thank you.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-bitlocker-recovery-key-to-unlock-my-d-drive/60ca7a49-c91d-40c6-8d80-7816cf660b82
  5. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?: Suddenly Win10 asks for a BitLocker key to access hard drive to start up the system Lenovo Yoga. I never set up a BitLocker key, so there is none.This occurred immediately after I reset Windows 10 on a different, older Laptop and registered it to my microsoft account.Did I...
  6. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?: Suddenly Win10 asks for a BitLocker key to access hard drive to start up the system Lenovo Yoga. I never set up a BitLocker key, so there is none.This occurred immediately after I reset Windows 10 on a different, older Laptop and registered it to my microsoft account.Did I...
  7. BitLocker - never set up a key: How to unlock hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I can't unlock my drive with Bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't unlock my drive with Bitlocker.: I'm facing a problem. I had lock my drive E, F, G through Bitlocker, a long time ago. Today, I setup windows 10. But now unfortunately my Bitlocker password doesn't work. Though I setup new window, my recover key had been lost. So, what should I do?...
  9. How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to unlock hard drive encrypted with BitLocker: I don’t remember the password and cannot unlock the hard drive. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-hard-drive-encrypted-with-bitlocker/08678428-f8fd-436f-9512-81369fef0fab
  10. can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not unlock my hard drive it is encrypted with bitlocker: i encrypted one of my hard drives with bitlocker and my computer crashed and wiped everything but the hard drive that was encrypted with bitlocker i no longer can find the recovery key through command prompt or the password have been trying for months i have data on there i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker hard drive is unlocked but cant acces it