Windows 10: Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away

Discus and support Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a little upset right now because my account got hacked last night, the individual added himself as a family member, made (6) $25.00... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by watchurback1612, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away

Hello,

I'm a little upset right now because my account got hacked last night, the individual added himself as a family member, made (6) $25.00 microsoft store gift card purchases and then I guess transferred the credit to a gift card. I called 1-877-696-7786 the Microsoft store customer support and she said they couldn't refund the $150.00 stolen from my debit card. I asked her if there had been a data breach at Microsoft and that if there had been a data breach then they need to be responsible but she avoided answering the question. This makes me loose a lot of trust with Microsoft and is giving me a terrible experience so far. The lack of ownership is mind blowing, and the lack of good customer support that is willing to take action is disappointing. I will never leave my debit card again online, esp with microsoft. They might not get anymore money from me in the future due to their lack of ownership. I want this person tracked down and their account reported and deleted. I also want my money refunded to me and no you shouldn't push it off on my bank, it's not their fault it's Microsoft's fault if there was a data breach.

:)

watchurback1612, Oct 30, 2018

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Oct 31, 2018
  3. tmm1225 Win User
    Microsoft Account was hacked

Original Title: Accessed my account

How cans someone hack into my Microsoft account when I have the two step verification .. that can only be approved from my cell phone?

tmm1225, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away

Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away

1. Account Hacked - Microsoft phone support offered no solutions to the money taken away - Similar Threads - Account Hacked Microsoft

2. Money was taken from my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Money was taken from my account: There was 99.99 taken from my checking account this morning. I get 365 from the school I attend for free. Money should not have been taken from my acct. I'm a single mother of 4 and I needed that money. What can I do...
  3. Money was taken from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money was taken from my account: There was 99.99 taken from my checking account this morning. I get 365 from the school I attend for free. Money should not have been taken from my acct. I'm a single mother of 4 and I needed that money. What can I do...
  4. Money was taken from my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?: A while ago I was trying to fix this December 2022 when it was happening and there was 0 help. I couldn't talk to a single person and I couldn't use a password reset thing because whoever hacked my account took my email off my Microsoft account. When I put my email in it says...
  6. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?: A while ago I was trying to fix this December 2022 when it was happening and there was 0 help. I couldn't talk to a single person and I couldn't use a password reset thing because whoever hacked my account took my email off my Microsoft account. When I put my email in it says...
  7. Minecraft account hacked and email taken off Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft Account Hacking - Zero Support form Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacking - Zero Support form Microsoft: My MS account was hacked within 5 minutes in late July this year. I was sent suspicious activity emails from microsoft but did not get to read them until about an hour after. The first one stated activity from a Russian IP address, The next ones advised my details removed and...
  9. Microsoft Account Hacking - Zero Support form Microsoft

Microsoft Account Hacking - Zero Support form Microsoft: My MS account was hacked within 5 minutes in late July this year. I was sent suspicious activity emails from microsoft but did not get to read them until about an hour after. The first one stated activity from a Russian IP address, The next ones advised my details removed and...
  10. Microsoft Account hacked and taken over

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account hacked and taken over: This has been about the most absurd experience of my life dealing with security issues. The short version: My main Microsoft account was taken over. Microsoft won't pick up phones and the one time I did get through was during the month long "security hold" that even they...