Windows 10: Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again?

Discus and support Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My account was breached and I used the security feature to view my recent activity, after changing my password immediately. I saw that there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jessica164, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again?

Hello,

My account was breached and I used the security feature to view my recent activity, after changing my password immediately.

I saw that there was an 'Automatic Sync' with two places outside of the UK that happened in recent days. I have changed my password but very concerned how this automatic sync happened in the first place. The other breaches were log in attempts but this seems more worrying.

Appreciate if anyone has had similar experience.

If you hover over 'Automatic Sync' it says When you connect your Microsoft Account to an app or service that manages email, it needs to sign in as you. You can expect to see the same automatic sync activity at regular intervals.

I only use Apple Mail on my phone to access my emails and then log on on desktops for my outlook.

Thanks,

Jessica

:)

Jessica164, Feb 8, 2019
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Feb 8, 2019
  3. KainXS Win User
    Steam Account Hacked

what happens is someone hacks your account then sells it to someone else and while they're at it they go through every email you have to steal whatever you have it usually happens with hotmail though, check every account the email is linked to to make sure they haven't gotten in them and change the passwords.

KainXS, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again?

Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again?

1. Account Hacked, what does automatic sync mean and how do i prevent it happening again? - Similar Threads - Account Hacked does

2. What does this mean and how do I remove it ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this mean and how do I remove it ?: Metered network warning we noticed the metered connection you're on may charge extra. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-and-how-do-i-remove-it/928ed306-f8ba-46dc-842e-5aaac7968c06
  3. What does this mean, and how do I remove this?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What does this mean, and how do I remove this?: How to I remove this, and what is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-and-how-do-i-remove-this/d09d0ba9-352c-44ba-a545-76fdb006dfe1
  4. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does Sync Pending mean?: I am using OneDrive. I noticed that when I download something to my word or excel in OpenOffice, some of the status icons are a check mark inside a circle and a few others are 2 arrows forming a circle that say Sync Pending.. Can anyone tell me what Sync Pending means and how...
  5. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Sync Pending mean?: I am using OneDrive. I noticed that when I download something to my word or excel in OpenOffice, some of the status icons are a check mark inside a circle and a few others are 2 arrows forming a circle that say Sync Pending.. Can anyone tell me what Sync Pending means and how...
  6. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What does it mean when this happens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does it mean when this happens?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ax1ul8hx6du51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=01c601ea67bc7752c4d0f9a80de204e4fef1d18c submitted by /u/MichaelGMNG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf50m2/what_does_it_mean_when_this_happens/
  8. How do I prevent this from happening again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent this from happening again?: It took me forever to figure out how to even use my new laptop without being forced to log into my hotmail account. I'm just not going to do it, I hate this about Windows 10. Anyway, I opened my laptop today to see this screen that almost gave me a heart attach because I was...
  9. What does this error mean, and how can I prevent it from happening again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this error mean, and how can I prevent it from happening again?: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2020-05-07 5:11:40 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TSSII7K Description: The computer...
  10. What does this mean and how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean and how do i fix this?: [ATTACH]help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-and-how-do-i-fix-this/9c7a72fd-65e1-4f49-b010-76f15a6f73ac

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is automatic sync microsoft account

2. automatic sync microsoft account

3. what is automatic sync

4. what is automatic sync hotmail,
  5. auto sync means successful login to the account which means they can login to the laptop,
  6. imap automatic sync suspect microsoft email,
  7. automatic sync mean in microsoft account,
  8. what is an automatic sync,
  9. hotmail successful sync does that mean i was hacked,
  10. automatic sync in activity,
  11. what is automatic sync on microsofy,
  12. all about autmatic sync steal,
  13. what is an automatic sync on a microsoft account,
  14. automatic sync hotmail,
  15. what does automatic sync mean on outlook