Windows 10: Account hacking

Discus and support Account hacking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My MS account was hacked after I used the App store and entered my Credit card details. I would have thought that Microsoft would have a secure site!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by P Bonthuys, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Account hacking

My MS account was hacked after I used the App store and entered my Credit card details. I would have thought that Microsoft would have a secure site! On 15 Sept someone used the details to buy 11 items to the value of ZAR1001.50 each and then closed/blocked my MS account. I had to cancel my card and re-register my MS account.

How secure is my information? Why is there no secure payment option like Paypal available?

:)

P Bonthuys, Sep 16, 2018
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Steam Account Hacked

Again...

I sent a ticket I just hope they resolve it soon cause I really want to play Portal 2.

And I don't want him getting me banned.

But the scary thing is they hacked my Email account too!

I've changed the password but is that enough?

I scanned my Computer using malware and it got rid of 9 Nasty objects! Its been months since I did a scan and now I'm thinking this is how they got me.

Is a password change and malware scan removal enough to secure me? I made the password much harder than before.

Thinking about doing a reformat as well. Suggestions? Should I leave the hacked email account and make a new one?

AphexDreamer, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Account hacking

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Account hacking

1. Account hacking - Similar Threads - Account hacking

2. Account hacked and email and phone number changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account hacked and email and phone number changed.: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed the email and phone number, I've contacted Microsoft and they want to transfer my account files but I feel like it is kind of risky and they don't want to do anything and I have important files on my office365 that I...
  3. Account hacked and email and phone number changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account hacked and email and phone number changed.: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed the email and phone number, I've contacted Microsoft and they want to transfer my account files but I feel like it is kind of risky and they don't want to do anything and I have important files on my office365 that I...
  4. My original Microsoft account was hacked and support decided to permanently suspend the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My original Microsoft account was hacked and support decided to permanently suspend the...: Long story short, a hacker took over my Microsoft account, and Microsoft's support team fought tooth and nail to help the hacker instead of helping me. After a week of back-and-forth and proving the account was mine and everything, the Safety Team ultimately decided to just...
  5. My original Microsoft account was hacked and support decided to permanently suspend the...

My original Microsoft account was hacked and support decided to permanently suspend the...: Long story short, a hacker took over my Microsoft account, and Microsoft's support team fought tooth and nail to help the hacker instead of helping me. After a week of back-and-forth and proving the account was mine and everything, the Safety Team ultimately decided to just...
  6. account hacked

account hacked: My son's Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. His email address has been changed, his password has been changed, and new security measures added. I need help getting it back....
  7. account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account hacked: My son's Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. His email address has been changed, his password has been changed, and new security measures added. I need help getting it back....
  8. Got hacked by rambler.ru account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got hacked by rambler.ru account.: When I can back from my school I just wanted play Minecraft and when I typed my password the name changed to random letters. Then I was scared and checked email of the account and it was *********@rambler.ru * is because it contains russia hackers emails I was then panicking...
  9. Got hacked by rambler.ru account.

Got hacked by rambler.ru account.: When I can back from my school I just wanted play Minecraft and when I typed my password the name changed to random letters. Then I was scared and checked email of the account and it was *********@rambler.ru * is because it contains russia hackers emails I was then panicking...
  10. Got hacked by rambler.ru account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security