Windows 10: Account has already been added to this PC

Discus and support Account has already been added to this PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family. I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JeBo_Lg, Jan 6, 2020.

1. JeBo_Lg Win User

Account has already been added to this PC

Hi everybody,

I'm presently installing accounts on the new PC for the family.

I created an account for my daughter but it was bugging when I tried to add connect with her windows hotmail account.

So I decided to completely deleted her account to create it again.

Then start the problems, when I want to add a new account wirth her hotmail address:

Here is the message I get ==> "Unfortunately there was a problem. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has already been added to this PC."

How should I proceed to:

- Properly recreate an account with her hotmail address

or

- Properly erease all related information from the PC so that I can afterwards create her account again.

Thanks a lot for your support and feedback.

Best regards.

:)

JeBo_Lg, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 6, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Account has already been added to this PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Account has already been added to this PC

1. Account has already been added to this PC - Similar Threads - Account has already

2. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  3. account has already been added to this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account has already been added to this pc: I receive an error when adding an account to a PC saying the account has already been added to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-has-already-been-added-to-this-pc/fc9491b2-3925-409d-b101-dc7dc6398e24
  4. Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.: Hi folks. I have several functioning email addresses in Windows Mail. Yesterday I created a new one- a webmail address- in BlueHost. I then introduced it to Windows Mail.I clicked “Manage Accounts” and “Add Account.” Then a long list came up.I added the basic details. But...
  5. <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC but no such user: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  6. <email@address>has already been added to this PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    <email@address>has already been added to this PC: W10 Accounts, Family and other users : is preventing me from "adding someone else to this PC". I had created a local user XYZ with Account Type "Administrator", ie without a Microsoft Account, then signed in OK. Later while using new Microsoft Edge, I signed into my...
  7. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC: This question was already placed before and the thread ended back in June 2019. There was never an answer. MU Muralidhar_G Microsoft Agent | Moderator Hi Ben, Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I suggest you to create a local account first....
  8. A fake child has been added to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A fake child has been added to my account: They have an "all-mail.net" email address. I tried to remove consent so I could remove the account, but the page is blank when I click on 'manage child profile info'. This is the SECOND time I have been hacked this year, and customer support is absolutely NO HELP....
  9. Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Something went wrong, x has already been added to this PC: I have just reinstalled windows and as I try to re-add accounts for family members I receive the message: "Something went wrong [x] has already been added to this PC". This is an error. I have not yet added the account to the computer. I have tried disassociating [x] with all...
  10. User already added to this pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User already added to this pc.: I want to add another user with a microsoft account for someone else to my pc. They have had an account before but I removed it for a short while. I now want to add their user back to the pc, but everytime I try i get the message '(email address) has already been added to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. has already been added to this pc.