Windows 10: Account info and family & others are hanging

Discus and support Account info and family & others are hanging in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had been using windows 10 from my desktop for over 2 years. I had setup my childs account and everything was fine until I guess last update. Now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CheckOutWindows, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Account info and family & others are hanging

I had been using windows 10 from my desktop for over 2 years. I had setup my childs account and everything was fine until I guess last update. Now the account info all tabs are hanging - Email &accounts, Sign-in, and Sync. Family shows but shows my kid as other users.

Unable to be controlled via family website also. The message shows :

Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XX for family features to work.

Also eventviewer shows errors with backgroundTaskHost. like "Faulting application ...exe". each error for a diff dll - ntdll, biwinrt.dll etc.

It looks like some update went wrong. Anybody can suggest how to identify the issue and reinstall the update ? Or maybe just fix the services needed for account info to work ?

Thanks

:)

CheckOutWindows, Apr 6, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Account info and family & others are hanging

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Account info and family & others are hanging

1. Account info and family & others are hanging - Similar Threads - Account info family

2. family and others

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    family and others: hello!i cant see family and others on my windows settings, and cant use any app that needs administrator verifying , it just keeps saying "to continue add admin user , password" etc. it just keeps on saying that and i cant download some things i want to , so it disturb to not...
  3. family and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and others: hello!i cant see family and others on my windows settings, and cant use any app that needs administrator verifying , it just keeps saying "to continue add admin user , password" etc. it just keeps on saying that and i cant download some things i want to , so it disturb to not...
  4. family and others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ACCOUNT INFO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACCOUNT INFO: GOOD GREEETING EVERYONE, I HAVE A QUESTION, SINCE I BOUGHT MY LAPTOP, I HAD SIGNED IN WITH A RATHER SIMPLE EMAIL THAT I MADE UP AND THOUGHT I WILL CHANGE IT LATER AS I WANTED TO USE THE LAPTOP IN HURRY BUT I CANNOT CHANGE THE ACCOUNT I HAD SET BEFORE OR SIMPLY I JUST DONT...
  6. Other profiles cannot Log on Family account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other profiles cannot Log on Family account: Hi, I am setting up a different account for my daughter as part of a microsoft family account. I can see her profile already in the Family & Other users in settings and it says she can sign in. But when I log on to the computer, it is only my profile that appears. In the...
  7. Family and others

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family and others: So this is just a quick question I don't have a family and others in my settings how would I get access or get this back. this is what my accounts page looks like currently [ATTACH]...
  8. account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account info: when I open the Microsoft store to download an app it has my user name corect but the email that is associated to my account is incorrect I think there is an unauthorized user on my account. I do not recognize the email address associated...
  9. info account

in Windows 10 Customization
    info account: Hi my info account keeps saying I am working of line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/info-account/82c8911e-2ee4-4b11-bf20-3bb0f7c29708
  10. Missing family and other people in account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing family and other people in account settings: For some reason, the account i have on my computer is not an administrator account. So, i tried to make it an administrator account, but family and other people isnt there. Please help...