Windows 10: Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

Discus and support Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spore360, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

I updated my Microsoft account email and username a while ago but it was never changed on my PC. If I try using "Manage my Microsoft account" it tries to sign me with an email that is no longer with a MS account. Signing in with the correct email doesn't change anything on my computer. Both emails are still somehow connected to the same account but my computer won't update the information.

submitted by /u/Spore360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spore360, Dec 9, 2020

2. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account information

Hi Van,

To remove an account from your Windows 10 computer, you must have another user account with administrative privileges. To create an account, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

To make the new account an administrator account, select Start
    > Settings > Account > Family & other people (or Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise),
    and select Change account type. UnderAccount type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator
    account.

Once you have a new administrator account, log in to that account and follow the steps below to delete a user in a Windows 10 computer:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

Changing Microsoft account information

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

Where are you trying to use the email address? Is it in the Mail App?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Let’s, try to follow these steps below, to add an account on Mail App:

Add an account on Mail App:

Try these steps below to add the email account
    on Mail app.

Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
    Add account in the Mail app Window.

Check for the email account
    on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
    other account.

Add the email account
    Email address and
    Password in the other
    account Window and check, if it works.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced

1. Account information online and account information on my PC aren't synced - Similar Threads - Account information online

2. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  3. Lost account information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost account information: Hi, My company purchased 3 laptops last year in July/August. I had to upgrade the OS to Windows 11 Pro on all 3. My issue is that I had to create a private/personal microsoft account in order to make the purchase last year. I never used the account for anything else and have...
  4. changing information on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing information on my account: I want to change account information and administrater. no edit option. separated from spouse she kept computer. I got a new one but still shows her and I as administrer. when I sign in on my computer it asks for pin but shows my name and hers. just want my name to appear....
  5. Viewing Microsoft account information

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Viewing Microsoft account information: How do I access and review? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-microsoft-account-information/e1ede3b1-a3d1-4e2a-afba-d6415bbe72f3
  6. Update Microsoft Account Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Microsoft Account Information: How do I update my Microsoft account contact information? The information that Microsoft has is outdated, including a phone number that I no longer used and an email account that I want to quit using. I've looked at my profile, and there is no phone information. MS insists...
  7. Which information stored in Microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Which information stored in Microsoft account?: Hello, We sign-in with Microsoft account in Windows 10. Which information stored in Microsoft account? if we sign-in with that account in another Windows 10(e.g: WIN2), Are properties (privacy and security and setting) apply to WIN2? Thanks...
  8. Locked account - no information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked account - no information: Hi, I've got a problem and can't seem to reach any human being from tech support, while the suggestions on the Support Website are not helpful to me. After the latest data breach I wanted to reset all my passwords and did the very stupid thing of resetting Windows before I...
  9. Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon

Group policy cannot find online account information-can't logon: when I tried to login this morning to (fairly) recent Win 10 installation, I got a message something like "Group Policy indicates online login, but Windows cannot locate info,contact administrator for help"-I AM the administrator , and I'm trying to log into the server. Any...
  10. Online Account Syncing

Online Account Syncing: When we all come to install the final build of Windows 10, is there a way to enable the online account but not to let it sync all the settings? 3981