Windows 10: Account isn't showing up when using the net user command

Discus and support Account isn't showing up when using the net user command in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I'm using the account I want to see info about with command prompt, and it has elevated privileges as well, but when I type in the account name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuizunKun, Nov 15, 2019.

1. RuizunKun Win User

Account isn't showing up when using the net user command

So I'm using the account I want to see info about with command prompt, and it has elevated privileges as well, but when I type in the account name, nothing shows up. So basically it's like this...

C:\WINDOWS\John>net user John

It says that this user name cannot be found. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

:)

RuizunKun, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Hey, I have a network of computers and when I try to delete an account, it states that the command was executed successfully and the accounts do not show up with the command "net user /domain" in the list, as if they were deleted.

But the problem comes in with me still being able to log in with the account that I "deleted", but it seems to be gone from the list anyway.

Command I used to delete the account was: "net user (name) /delete /domain"

Yes, the domain was correct for sure so I don't understand.

SomethingSomeone, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Account isn't showing up when using the net user command

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Account isn't showing up when using the net user command

1. Account isn't showing up when using the net user command - Similar Threads - Account isn't showing

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  4. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User account exists but not showing using net user or computer management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account exists but not showing using net user or computer management: My situation is similar to User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login - Microsoft Community I created a user in windows 11 pro and this was linked to office 365. I then created a local admin user. The inital user showed as an admin and I was unable to...
  6. User account exists but not showing using net user or computer management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account exists but not showing using net user or computer management: My situation is similar to User Profile exists, but not showing up in control panel or login - Microsoft Community I created a user in windows 11 pro and this was linked to office 365. I then created a local admin user. The inital user showed as an admin and I was unable to...
  7. 802.11n isn't an option even though when I use the command "Show drivers" it shows up in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    802.11n isn't an option even though when I use the command "Show drivers" it shows up in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FrequentConnect2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6uox0/80211n_isnt_an_option_even_though_when_i_use_the/
  8. Trouble with net use command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with net use command: I'm trying to write a batch file to map a network drive. This will map the Z drive to a NAS unit. However I'm having trouble with the command. Here is my command and the result: Net Use Z: \\10.0.0.77\Willow /user:xxxxxxx yyyyyyy More? Why would this command return...
  9. Net User Command Limitations

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Net User Command Limitations: Just a quick question, does net user command work on Windows Accounts linked online? I’m thinking it doesn’t but I just need to make sure. 116710
  10. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts: Win 10 Pro 1607, single user desktop PC. Yesterday, I changed the password on my Windows account. After that, when I booted, Windows prompted me for a password. The thing is, though, that it showed two accounts, let's call them Sam and Sam Jones. Sam Jones is the...