Windows 10: Account issue Windows 10 after reset

Discus and support Account issue Windows 10 after reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Had a hacking issue so I reset my laptop. All was good after creating a new Microsoft account, but now it says my account is a "shared experiences"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BadJackie, Apr 3, 2020.

1. BadJackie Win User

Account issue Windows 10 after reset

Had a hacking issue so I reset my laptop. All was good after creating a new Microsoft account, but now it says my account is a "shared experiences" account. Ive never seen this Shared Experiences thing before. What is it and why cant I delete my account from it?

:)

BadJackie, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Account issue Windows 10 after reset :(

Zakin, Apr 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Account issue Windows 10 after reset - Similar Threads - Account issue reset

2. Windows 10 Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Reset Issue: After resetting windows 10 desktop computer keeping files it is not detecting my keyboard or mouse so I am unable to login. I unplugged/restarted pc and attempted to start safe mode but does not go to safe mode/BIOS and still just showing login screen and unable to login. I...
  3. Windows 10 reset issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset issues: Recently I did a reset to attempt to wipe my account as I thought it would log it out as I have not been able to get rid of it. Not only did I not realise that it would delete my Microsoft office, but it also didn't reset my account and now I don't know where I previously...
  4. Issue after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after reset: Hello, l have reset windows 10 and “remove all data” and it has been more than 24 hours and it is still “ installing windows 64%” “your windows will restart several times” what should l do ?!...
  5. Windows 10 reset issue

Windows 10 reset issue: I reset my laptop but when I turn it on it automatically says The specified domain does not exist or could be contacted then shuts downs even if I don’t touch a key to say ok. [IMG]...
  6. Issue with windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with windows 10 after factory reset: My system was lagging a lot so i decided to do a factory reset but after factory reset the system is not starting and keeps on restarting again and again and shows the same error every time. [IMG][IMG]...
  7. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation issue after reset: Hello, Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using this laptop as a personal one and I'm the admin of it. Before I was getting "Windows 10 license will expire soon" message,...
  8. Windows 10 Reset Issue

Windows 10 Reset Issue: I had an issue with Windows, where the computer would boot to the desktop, but no icons would display and the system was effectively non-responsive. I reset the machine to factory settings, and since then, things are different but not improved. The computer will boot to an...
  9. Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after doing Reset PC in Windows 10: I kept all of my personal files option for the reset. However, I keep on getting this error:[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/issues-after-doing-reset-pc-in-windows-10/74b79f2f-53ee-414d-b474-89b9f727c0c2
  10. Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset: So I reset my system again. This isn't the first time that I have had to do this because of issues with Windows 10. After Reset, computer runs good. Only problem now, is that I am having problems installing an update in Windows 10. The update is called Microsoft Visual C++...