Windows 10: Account Locked After Months of Inactivity

Discus and support Account Locked After Months of Inactivity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I posted this in r/Microsoft, but I'm hoping someone here might have a solution. I have a Windows 10 PC, but I don't usually sign-in to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExtensionGo, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Account Locked After Months of Inactivity

I posted this in r/Microsoft, but I'm hoping someone here might have a solution.

I have a Windows 10 PC, but I don't usually sign-in to my Microsoft Account. The last time I used my Microsoft Account was way back in January when I first activated my computer and installed MS Office.

Today I tried signing in, since I heard Pac Man is free to download from the Microsoft Store. I entered my email, received the verification code, but when I tried submitting the code, I received a message saying my account has been locked "due to suspicious activity".

I don't know what kind of suspicious activity it could be referring to since it's been months since I've last signed in, and my email account is secure. This is also the only device I've ever used for accessing my Microsoft Account.

It's also prompting me for a phone number to verify my identity, but I used an email address for creating my account, since I don't like giving out my phone number (and don't have a mobile phone that can receive SMS).

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way I can get my account unlocked without a phone number.

Also, is there something in Windows 10's Settings that could be causing the account to get locked?

submitted by /u/ExtensionGo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExtensionGo, Apr 25, 2020

2. Ubuntu account lock timer

There any way to change the timer that locks the account after inactivity or disable it?

Hybrid_theory, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Account Locked After Months of Inactivity

MoneyPoint: inactive accounts

I use MoneyPoint on my Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I could hide inactive accounts that are greyed out. I don’t want to see them listed at all. Thank you

Daniel Steele1, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Account Locked After Months of Inactivity

1. Account Locked After Months of Inactivity - Similar Threads - Account Locked Months

2. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  3. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  4. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  6. Remove account after NN days of inactivity

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove account after NN days of inactivity: It is not something one does not like to speak about often, but death is a fact of life. In this respect Google seems to has an option to remove the Google account after a certain period of inactivity. I think one can set the period (upto 18 months). Google's default is 3...
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen appearing after 15 seconds of inactivity: So this issue has become increasing frustrating for our end users. After no apparent changes were made random users started reporting that the computer they use would go into screen saver then lock. We have a group policy enabled that keeps the screen saver turned off. We've...
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...