Windows 10: Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop

Discus and support Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I followed all of the steps to reset my MSFT password. Since I forgot the password to my Authenticator, all of the steps failed and now my account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CMcW, Jul 19, 2021.

1. CMcW Win User

Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop

I followed all of the steps to reset my MSFT password. Since I forgot the password to my Authenticator, all of the steps failed and now my account is locked. I cannot find a human being at MSFT support to unlock my account so that I can access any of my docs which are in OneDrive. Please help!

:)

2. Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop

Ubuntu account lock timer

There any way to change the timer that locks the account after inactivity or disable it?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop

1. Account locked, no access to Authenticator or MSFT account on laptop - Similar Threads - Account locked access

2. March of empires/ Account no longer linked to Msft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    March of empires/ Account no longer linked to Msft account.: So, I have an issue where the game is no longer connected to my Microsoft account. I cannot log in through the game's connection process. If I try the Microsoft log in it pops up, I fill it out as needed but then it just hangs there. From what I have gathered in a little...
  3. March of empires/ Account no longer linked to Msft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    March of empires/ Account no longer linked to Msft account.: So, I have an issue where the game is no longer connected to my Microsoft account. I cannot log in through the game's connection process. If I try the Microsoft log in it pops up, I fill it out as needed but then it just hangs there. From what I have gathered in a little...
  4. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...
  5. How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I authenticate my account without access to Microsoft Authenticator?: I primarily use Microsoft Authenticator to complete sign in requests for my Microsoft Account. Microsoft Authenticator was installed on my phone. For some reason that phone reset itself yesterday. So, I am having to set it back up. When I first tried to log back into...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Authenticator Accounts: Split from this thread.Lockout of DESKTOP-K7KC2TD pin***removed PII******Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / Unknown / Other***...
  7. can't get access to computer because I am locked out of msft account after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't get access to computer because I am locked out of msft account after last update: Hi I was locked out of my account after my last windows update. I tried the recovery options suggested my MS Support but am unable to answer enough questions to gain access because I never used that email account to send email I used my old personal email account through...
  8. How to access a childs account that is locked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to access a childs account that is locked: I created a child account by adding it to our family account. As part of this process it created the microsoft account @outlook and I assigned a password. The account has never been used or accessed or signed in to. When I tried to access it for the first time to log into the...
  9. Switching accounts when locked out, but no access to current account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching accounts when locked out, but no access to current account: i have a lenovo thinkpad. i would like to ask how do i switch accounts. i only got to know now that the account i switched to is corrupted. Any suggesions?...
  10. Remote access and reference account locked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote access and reference account locked.: I am currently accessing my office PC from home. I had to change my password last week and from that day onwards, I am getting a message saying "reference account locked" when I try to login through remote access. Also, I have login details in another office PC and i cannot...