Windows 10: Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

Discus and support Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi we could see our end users are facing the issue with their account is getting locked while in the first attempt itself. kindly help us to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aravind Raj R, May 10, 2019.

1. Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

Hi we could see our end users are facing the issue with their account is getting locked while in the first attempt itself. kindly help us to resolve the issue ASAP.

:)

Aravind Raj R, May 10, 2019

2. user account,administrator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Where do you see all these accounts on your system?
    • Do these see these account as a login option at you login screen?
    • Are you able to access these accounts?
    • If you are able to access these account. Are you able to access data in these accounts?
    I would suggest you to follow the step, which would provide you the list of all the user accounts on your system.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Type control userpasswords2.
    • Press Enter.
    Now check if all these accounts are present on your system.

Please provide us the required information. We would be happy to assist your further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, May 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 10, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system :(

Zakin, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

1. Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system - Similar Threads - Account lockout issue

2. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  3. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  4. Windows Lockout Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lockout Issue: I recently set Account Lockout Policy to allow 5 logon attempts before a lockout duration of 1 minute. However, I will still be locked out after only 2 failed attempts to logon to Windows and need to wait for at least 2 hours. The following message will pop up: "This sign-in...
  5. Windows Lockout Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Lockout Issue: I recently set Account Lockout Policy to allow 5 logon attempts before a lockout duration of 1 minute. However, I will still be locked out after only 2 failed attempts to logon to Windows and need to wait for at least 2 hours. The following message will pop up: "This sign-in...
  6. BSOD when login as a user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when login as a user account: Hi all,I stuck on a BSOD screen when I try to login as an User AccountBUTI'm still be able to login as Administrato.No operation has come to a solution:- sfc- dism- chkdskAny other suggestion?...
  7. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements: I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me... I've been trying to remove the password login requirement from my computer for wake up on lan functionality for in-home streaming and such without having to go around from room...
  8. Account lockout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account lockout: First off, I didn't have a password on my laptop, as I only had the one account "Customer PC" and have operated this way for over two years. A week ago, I booted up my laptop, and instead of asking to sign in I usually just hit enter and it logs in, I got a "Password...
  9. Cannot login when user locks account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot login when user locks account: I've created 3 user accounts on my Windows 10 system. When one user locks his account, the other users cannot login and are shown the message that "Only one user can sign in at a time". Any work around for this issue? submitted by /u/yorozuyaginchan [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...