Windows 10: Account lockout

Discus and support Account lockout in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; First off, I didn't have a password on my laptop, as I only had the one account "Customer PC" and have operated this way for over two years. A week... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Baneoforcs, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Account lockout

First off, I didn't have a password on my laptop, as I only had the one account "Customer PC" and have operated this way for over two years. A week ago, I booted up my laptop, and instead of asking to sign in I usually just hit enter and it logs in, I got a "Password incorrect" error. Clicked OK, Tried again, clicking sign in this time instead of using enter. Again, it told me the wrong passcode.

I restarted the laptop three times to no avail.Finally I reset it using the "SHIFT Restart" option, and that didn't work either. I created a new account and my wallpaper was transferred over magically, but now I can't download games/apps, and when it does ask for the administrator password, I hit ENTER and it takes it no problem.

Is this an IT issue that I will need to take it to someone to fix? Or is the laptop and all my files done for and I'd be better off factory resetting it to start from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Baneoforcs, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Aleksey Win User

Account Lockout Policy is not working

Hello guys,

I have Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 on my Dell Tablet (32 bit) and Oracle VM (32 bit). On both system, I tried to setup Account Lockout Policy in Local Security Policy. I have Account Lockout Threshold = 5, Lockout Duration and Reset Lockout Account Counter = 30 min. However, after locking my account or signing off, my account is not locked after 5 and more failed logon attempts. This feature worked correct on my Windows 8.1 system with the same account lockout settings.
    Does anyone experienced the same behavior? Any explanation or fix?

Thank you very much,

Aleksey, Oct 3, 2020
  3. CB60 Win User
    MS account lockout. Unable to reset.

I am locked out of my MS account. All directions point to conventional reset help / support page requiring text verification code to reset. Problem is, I am in a rural locale (no cell service .. no texting) so unable to use that method. No other reset method appears to be available.

It is impossible to get help from MS so am VERY grateful to have found this support forum. Hope someone can help. (In any case) thanks (in advance) for suggestions.

Chuck

Account lockout [​IMG]

64bit

CB60, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Account lockout

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Account lockout

1. Account lockout - Similar Threads - Account lockout

2. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  3. Lockout of an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockout of an account: Hey, I just bought a new PC and I was able to setup everything, when i was done i had to restart it but when it turned back on i got this message “the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged into”. I don’t even have a password set for this account nor...
  4. How do you change the ADMINISTRATOR account lockout policy in Windows 11 HOME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the ADMINISTRATOR account lockout policy in Windows 11 HOME?: My 1 and only account on my laptop the administrator keeps getting the "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns etc" message after make a couple of PIN mistakes here and there or have taken on multiple updates throughout the...
  5. How do you change the ADMINISTRATOR account lockout policy in Windows 11 HOME?

How do you change the ADMINISTRATOR account lockout policy in Windows 11 HOME?: My 1 and only account on my laptop the administrator keeps getting the "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns etc" message after make a couple of PIN mistakes here and there or have taken on multiple updates throughout the...
  6. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  7. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  8. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  9. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  10. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...