Windows 10: Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!

Discus and support Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have 3 accounts on my new laptop as follows: account 1 - admin, local account 2 - user, Microsoft account account 3 - user, local Account 2... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Steve C, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!

I have 3 accounts on my new laptop as follows:

account 1 - admin, local
    account 2 - user, Microsoft account
    account 3 - user, local

Account 2 randomly keeps picking up the account photos for account 1 at the login screen and vice versa.

I can see both images at %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures in each account. I deleted the photos from there and tried to set the accountpictures folder read only but the issue persists.

Any ideas how to fix it?

:)

Steve C, Aug 27, 2019

2. change log-in picture

Hi Paul,

Are you referring to picture on the log in screen of the computer? If yes, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows key.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • On the left pane, click Your email and accounts.
    • Select the user account, to change the picture. Click Browse.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Aug 27, 2019
  3. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!

Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing!

1. Account Log On Picture Keeps Changing! - Similar Threads - Account Log Picture

2. Change log-in screen picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change log-in screen picture: My log-in screen picture was changed to the default icon. How do I restore my photo to the log-in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-log-in-screen-picture/137d153f-7f68-422d-b47a-96e90f164bff
  3. Change log-in screen picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change log-in screen picture: My log-in screen picture was changed to the default icon. How do I restore my photo to the log-in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-log-in-screen-picture/137d153f-7f68-422d-b47a-96e90f164bff
  4. Change log-in screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  6. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing: All the shortcuts on my desktop except recycling bin have little pictures in the bottom left of their pictures. Sometimes its a green tick, sometimes its an X or a picture of two people, etc. I've stuck an example screenshot below.Every time I log on the little addon picture...
  7. Desktop shortcut pictures keep changing

8. Changing Microsoft account picture

Changing Microsoft account picture: Hello. I have a problem changing my account picture. Did anyone had this problem too and can help me solve it, please ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-microsoft-account-picture/a6e29e40-a49d-4316-b035-1454ada62cac
  9. MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account Picture changes back despite deleted in "Account Pictures": My Microsoft Account picture reverts to a picture that has been deleted. Despite my best efforts: 1. I have changed picture in Settings / Account 2. Then deleted the picture in Users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Account/Pictures Regardless, old picture will eventually...
  10. Can't change Account Picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change Account Picture: So when I set up my Windows 10 today, I chose to login with my Hotmail/Microsoft account. At some point later I switched to a standalone user account (i did this because apparently the email and your lap top password will get synced and be the same) But now, I can't for...