Windows 10: Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

Discus and support Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble with logging in to my computer. Even though I have changed my password many times while this problem has been occuring, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DerickLepham, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

Hello, I am having trouble with logging in to my computer. Even though I have changed my password many times while this problem has been occuring, I still cannot log in to my computer despite having the right password.

:)

DerickLepham, Dec 20, 2018

2. Password rejected despite correct password

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

If you have another user account on the tablet, you may login to that account and try the below mentioned steps.

1. Login to the other user account.
    2. Click on start menu and just type “Run”.
    3. Type netplwiz and click
      OK.
    4. Then select the user account
      you are facing the password issue.
    5. Uncheck the box beside
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this tablet”
    6. Then restart the tablet and check if you are able to login.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 20, 2018
  4. debgram Win User

Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

Microsoft account login does not work

For several weeks I have tried to login to my windows account, keeps telling my password is wrong, reset password, then go to second step tells me password is wrong. I keep resetting and and it says it was successful but then when I go to use it, it says it's wrong. I can't even try adding the extensions to Edge because of the password, you have to login to your account.

debgram, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password

1. Account Login Not Working Despite Correct Password - Similar Threads - Account Login Working

2. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  3. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.: I restarted my pc and upon the restart, it had no internet connection. This is an issue which has been happening for years, at random. Wlancfg sometimes does not automatically run, and I have to manually start the service through task manager for internet to become available....
  4. Not accepting windows login password, despite being correct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password: Hello, after a Windows update, we are locked out of our account. We reset the password using another device. Sign-In Works on all other devices, except on this laptop. It keeps saying "wrong PIN" even though the password is absolutely correct and working everywhere else....
  6. Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password: Hello, after a Windows update, we are locked out of our account. We reset the password using another device. Sign-In Works on all other devices, except on this laptop. It keeps saying "wrong PIN" even though the password is absolutely correct and working everywhere else....
  7. Locked out of Windwos Account despite correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Laptop fails to login, despite correct password?: I reset my Microsoft e-mail password, connected to WiFi and tried to login. However, it gets stuck on "Welcome" loading circle for maybe 4 minutes before returning me to the login screen. The password is correct. It doesn't tell me the password is wrong or anything.. Is...
  9. Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.: Hi, I cannot login using either password or pin, it says "your credential could not be verify" if I use the pin. for password it says "you can reset it from the lockscreen or at account.live.com/password/reset". I am confident that I type in my correct password or pin....
  10. Unable to sign in to Windows 10 account despite correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to Windows 10 account despite correct password: I had a jittery mouse and was told to disable some system configuration stuff https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/fix-erratic-mouse/%3famp first solution on the website. Now despite entering the correct password on the login screen nothing it working. I've tried to...