Windows 10: account.microsoft.com/family isn't working

Discus and support account.microsoft.com/family isn't working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having problems accessing https://account.microsoft.com/family. All I get is a page that says. Try refreshing the page Something’s wrong on our... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Britt Blankenship, Nov 19, 2019.

1. account.microsoft.com/family isn't working

I am having problems accessing https://account.microsoft.com/family. All I get is a page that says.

Try refreshing the page

Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

To my knowledge this is the only place I can go to adjust the parental control settings for my kids. As a result of this page not working, I have been locked out of making any changes (or event turning it off) for 4 days now.

Any suggestions to help fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Britt Blankenship, Nov 19, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Nov 19, 2019
  4. account.microsoft.com/family isn't working

Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

account.microsoft.com/family isn't working

1. account.microsoft.com/family isn't working - Similar Threads - account microsoft com

2. Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Account - Can't Log In: I am trying to create Microsoft Family accounts for my kids. I have them created and I wrote down the passwords I used for them, etc. I can see them online and set everything there. I also have them showing up on the laptop I'm trying to get them on. However, whenever I...
  3. Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...

Microsoft family account for children, screening time used to work, now it's not working...: Hi, I have a family account and 3 children's accounts associated with mine. For a couple of months by now, everything worked just fine. Nowadays, pretty much, everything's changed, I can screen time for all accounts, but for two of them, screening time is meaningless,...
  4. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  5. microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?

microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?: ok so basically my old account (closing rn) was prevoiusly a part of a microsoft family account, listed as a child and there was a 2 hour time limit set from years back when my account was controlled by my dad. but i signed in with it (forgetting it was a child account) and...
  6. Family account

Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  7. Microsoft Apps Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps Isn't Working: Hi Microsoft Windows 10 Users I Woke Up A Couple Of Months Ago And My Computer All Of My Windows Apps Were Gone And It Is Still Happening Today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-isnt-working/38e419f3-abf8-45ad-bcea-9bcf3dc03941
  8. Family account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family account.: I have setup my 2 kids account on family account and monitoring their activities. But lately I am not able to see the activities online. They mainly use Chrome and the activities mentions the time against Chrome and nothing else. Before I was able to see which web pages...
  9. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  10. Removing Microsoft Family Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Microsoft Family Account: I cant get access to any of my kids in the Family Account feature. There is only the ability to 'add members' not remove. A moderator in response to another suggested the following fix. "We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern with Microsoft...