Windows 10: Account name (change it)

Discus and support Account name (change it) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FairyNuff, Nov 9, 2020.

1. FairyNuff Win User

Account name (change it)

Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and it named my User (the Administrator) account by the first 5 letters of my email address. It is NOT important but . . . . . . is it possible to alter that name?

(W10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

:)

FairyNuff, Nov 9, 2020

2. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Account name (change it)

Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Account name (change it)

1. Account name (change it) - Similar Threads - Account name change

2. Account name change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  3. Account name change

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  4. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  5. Changing Account name

Changing Account name: This is my first post and hope it isn't my last one. My question is this. My wife gave me her Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I want to change everything to my Windows account without losing any f the files on the computer. Is there a way of doing this without having to...
  6. Changing Account name

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Account name: This is my first post and hope it isn't my last one. My question is this. My wife gave me her Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I want to change everything to my Windows account without losing any f the files on the computer. Is there a way of doing this without having to...
  7. Account name (change it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  8. Child account name changed to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child account name changed to my name: All seemed fine for a few days, her name was listed. But recently there are two accounts named Mike magee. Hence why I added dad to it as a work around. When I 1st set up for account it is important to note that I made the selection to sign in to her Microsoft account using...
  9. Account name not changing.

Account name not changing.: I made a new account for my windows 10 pc, and the name is zakwaan ali. I don't want that name so I checked settings with admin but there were no change name option. So I checked online and used run and put netplwiz. There I changed the full name and after I signed out the...
  10. Changing account name

Changing account name: If I use control userpasswords2 to change the username on the account I'm logged into, will that screw things up? When I did a clean install of Windows 10, logging in with a Microsoft account, it didn't allow me to choose a username, it just used the first part of my...