Windows 10: Account name

Discus and support Account name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I installed 10240 on VirtualBox they named my user folder as "swarf" despite my account name being "". I'd like to know what triggered this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swarfega, Jul 22, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Account name

When I installed 10240 on VirtualBox they named my user folder as "swarf" despite my account name being "". I'd like to know what triggered this shortening and what I can do to prevent it.

:)

swarfega, Jul 22, 2015

2. accounts names

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which account and email address you are referring to?
    • Are you referring to Outlook Mail Client or website?
    • Please provide us the brief descripting about the issue?
    I suggest you to check if you have added any aliases to your account.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Outlook FAQ.

Get help with Outlook.com

Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Account name

Hi there,

I've tried numerous times to change my display name to my new one. It sometimes works for a little while but then changes back to my old name. When I go on to the "Edit name" section of the microsoft account, it has my new name in the input box so I can't
    change it! It then just has my old name!

Please help!

****Post moved by the forum moderator to a more appropriate category.****

Becky Atkinson-Sporle, Jul 22, 2015
Thema:

Account name

1. Account name - Similar Threads - Account name

2. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  3. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  4. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  6. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  7. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  9. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  10. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...