Windows 10: Account password change

Discus and support Account password change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danny Baromen, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Account password change

This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you change the password you pretty much need to re-install or reset windows to get it to use the new password.I was hoping that maybe with later revisions of windows 10 and DEFINITELY Windows 11 that the issue would've been resolved, but it's still an issue.So if you're planning to change your microsoft account password regularly

:)

Danny Baromen, Jan 8, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 8, 2023
  3. Changing Account Password

Hello,

In order for us to assist you in a better way, kindly answer the below questions:

• Are you referring to Microsoft account or Local account?
    • If it's a Microsoft account, did you follow the steps provided in this
      article
      ?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 8, 2023
Thema:

Account password change

1. Account password change - Similar Threads - Account password change

2. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  3. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  4. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  6. Change account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account password: How do I change the local account password to log into my computer while staying logged into my Microsoft account? I use a much more simple password for logging into my computer than I do for my Microsoft account because I have to type it in via memory a lot, whereas I use...
  7. Change admin account password

Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  8. Change a standard account password

Change a standard account password: My laptop has a separate standard account which I set up for my older son. He forgot his password. In the admin account I can access his account of course, but there is no option for changing the password. How do I reset the password?...
  9. change an account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    change an account password: how do I change a user password from the administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-an-account-password/415b08cb-595c-4949-b24e-09faffdf1b84
  10. Local Account Password changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...