Windows 10: Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen

Discus and support Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, 1809 latest updates. I wanted to set an account photo on my wife's PC. It's a Local account and the PC is set up to boot directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by azbruno, Apr 13, 2019.

1. azbruno Win User

Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen

Running Windows 10, 1809 latest updates.

I wanted to set an account photo on my wife's PC. It's a Local account and the PC is set up to boot directly to the desktop without going through a log in screen. Before reaching the desktop, the Welcome screen appears for a few seconds with the default account picture.

Using Settings->Accounts->Your Info, I selected a photo through the browsing function. This worked fine and the photo then appeared on the top of the settings page. But when I reboot, the Welcome screen still shows the default. Going back into settings, my custom picture is still there.

I looked in %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Account Pictures and the photo is there as expected. It just won't appear on booting into Windows.

I did the same thing on my PC a year ago and it works fine. I try to keep both PCs configured identically.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?

:)

azbruno, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 13, 2019
  4. SpokaneDJ Win User

Photos for Second Windows Live account doesn't show up

If you add a second Windows Live account to Windows Phone 7, the photos associated to that Windows live account does not show up in the pictures hub? I also noticed that "Photos" isn't listed next to the second live account like that listed for the primary
    account.

SpokaneDJ, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Account photo is not showing on Welcome screen - Similar Threads - Account photo showing

2. Windows 10 "Welcome Screen" no photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Welcome Screen" no photo: When I turn on my computer and the WELCOME SCREEN comes up I see WELCOME SCREEN, under that MY PHOTO and under that WELCOME. All around that seems to be greyed out. It seems to me there used to be a photo there. What happened to it? Also the Task Bar at the bottom of the...
  3. CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME SCREEN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME SCREEN: CHANGE PHOTO ON WELCOME/LOG ON SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-photo-on-welcome-screen/7149ce6a-f22e-416b-831d-f747bb910737
  4. Welcome screen photos

Welcome screen photos: Do the welcome screen photos that change frequently include any of operational steam locomotives? There is a large rail fan community around the world that would appreciate these photos. Thanks...
  5. windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows stopped showing photo on welcome screen: I have signed with Microsoft account and have reinstalled windows but now its not showing my photo anywhere its blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-showing-photo-on-welcome-screen/02e35934-811d-4452-9e8f-3988394d9d2a
  6. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...
  7. No account picture on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No account picture on welcome screen: Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786
  8. Account picture does not show on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account picture does not show on welcome screen: I can't figure why I get the generic gray circle with the person on it on my welcome screen when my computer starts up. My account shows my picture as a gold fish. My computer was set to auto login before I made the switch from windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 and has been...
  9. Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen: Hi, This is my second time of installing tech. preview build #9926, this time I installed it correctly (on a newly created partition on my hard drive). The first time I installed it I had the same issue that I'm having now..but as I'm a senior citizen (and glad to be one)..I...
  10. User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10: My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen. FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I don't want to reset my Windows 10. 14831

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my account photo isnt showing in windows 10