Windows 10: Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Discus and support Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again. Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MrWhispers, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

:)

MrWhispers, Oct 26, 2018

2. Unable to change account picture, error: Account picture error, Setting the account picture failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to change the profile picture on Windows 10, please do let us know how exactly you are trying to change it.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps to change the profile picture.

Steps:

• Log-in with administrator account.

• Go to system root drive on which
      Windows is installed currently, that is usually C: drive.

• Click on View
      in the title bar, then check the Hidden items. Now click the
      ProgramData folder.

• Navigate to Microsoft\User Account Pictures.

• In the User Accounts Pictures folder, you’ll see the default user account pictures. You’ll just need to replace these pictures with your desired picture for user account.

• Manipulate your desired image for user account picture in the same format and same size and
      replace the default ones.

• Now reboot the system and you’ll be able to get your desired image as user account picture.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Macek1 Win User

I am trying to change the profile picture on my PC, but whatever I do I always get the error message "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again." I don't know what to do. I've tried a lot of methods, but none of them worked.

Please help.

Macek1, Oct 26, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Try to follow the workaround suggested by Kapil Arya in this
    thread

John Ado, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

1. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. - Similar Threads - Account picture error

2. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...
  3. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...
  4. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Picture Error: my windows 10 PC refuses to change my account picture. It gives me an Account Picture error saying "setting the account picture failed, please try again"...I tried to change it through web but my lockscreen pic still does not change. Please help...
  5. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Picture Error: my windows 10 PC refuses to change my account picture. It gives me an Account Picture error saying "setting the account picture failed, please try again"...I tried to change it through web but my lockscreen pic still does not change. Please help...
  6. Windows 10 "Setting account picture failed"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 "Setting account picture failed": I did some googling, but none of the tips worked. I even re-sized the picture to 488x488, but it still fails... What can I do? My PC is running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.867) 176444
  7. Account Picture Error

Account Picture Error: Hello, When I attempt to change my Account picture it display "Account picture error This picture couldn't be saved Error code: 0xcaa100d5" Please advise how to fix this. Than you in advance....
  8. Account Picture Error

Account Picture Error: Whenever I try to change my account picture it says "Setting the account picture failed. Please try again later." I have tried using other pictures, restarting my computer, updating my computer, resetting the files in the "User Account Pictures" folder and replacing all the...
  9. setting account picture failed

setting account picture failed: I get an error message that "setting account picture failed". How to fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-account-picture-failed/04358e98-a26c-4228-9773-fab460634526
  10. Account Picture Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account Picture Error: I've been trying to change my user account photo but every time I do, it give me an error message. Please help! 18649

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting account picture failed windows 10

2. setting the account picture failed

3. account picture error

4. windows 10 account picture failed,
  5. setting the account picture failed.please try again error,
  6. account picture error setting the account picture failed windows 10