Windows 10: Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

Discus and support Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to change my windows microsoft account picture with this error:Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.Any advice please? Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Garkaz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Mr Garkaz Win User

Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

Unable to change my windows microsoft account picture with this error:Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.Any advice please? Have googled and tried all the fixes I could find

:)

Mr Garkaz, Nov 24, 2022

2. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Yes I have tried that already as listed in OP.

Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved. [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

MrWhispers, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Hey replacing the default avatars does not help either as you can see by this photo taken before replacing with your download still same result in error... I have the default photos already listed in shown directory...

Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved. [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

1. Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved. - Similar Threads - Account picture error

2. HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEELP!! ACCOUNT PICTURE ERROR, THIS PICTURE COULDN'T BE SAVED ERROR CODE: 0x80070520: Error code: 0x080070520ID correlation: {943346E7-1800-48CC-8F59-F6C67BF2672A} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heelp-account-picture-error-this-picture-couldnt/67c2a7f7-1084-47e4-ba6d-89bda63ab7ee
  3. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  4. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  5. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved: When I try to change the picture of my Windows account in Windows 11, I get this error "Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved"Error Code: 0x88982f8b...
  7. Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved: When I try to change the picture of my Windows account in Windows 11, I get this error "Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved"Error Code: 0x88982f8b...
  8. Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.: Unable to change my windows microsoft account picture with this error:Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.Any advice please? Have googled and tried all the fixes I could find...
  9. Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.: Unable to change my windows microsoft account picture with this error:Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.Any advice please? Have googled and tried all the fixes I could find...
  10. Fix account picture error this picture couldn't be saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix account picture error this picture couldn't be saved: After changing the profile picture in the window, it says account picture error this picture couldn't be saved [ATTACH] Note: Moved from Microsoft TH support / Microsoft SEA...