Windows 10: Account Picture Error

Discus and support Account Picture Error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, When I attempt to change my Account picture it display "Account picture error This picture couldn't be saved Error code: 0xcaa100d5" Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jared Castro, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Account Picture Error

Hello,

When I attempt to change my Account picture it display "Account picture error This picture couldn't be saved Error code: 0xcaa100d5" Please advise how to fix this.

Than you in advance.

:)

Jared Castro, Sep 7, 2020

2. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Yes I have tried that already as listed in OP.

Account Picture Error [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

MrWhispers, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Account Picture Error

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Hey replacing the default avatars does not help either as you can see by this photo taken before replacing with your download still same result in error... I have the default photos already listed in shown directory...

Account Picture Error [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Account Picture Error

1. Account Picture Error - Similar Threads - Account Picture Error

2. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...
  3. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...
  4. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Picture Error: my windows 10 PC refuses to change my account picture. It gives me an Account Picture error saying "setting the account picture failed, please try again"...I tried to change it through web but my lockscreen pic still does not change. Please help...
  5. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Picture Error: my windows 10 PC refuses to change my account picture. It gives me an Account Picture error saying "setting the account picture failed, please try again"...I tried to change it through web but my lockscreen pic still does not change. Please help...
  6. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.: Unable to change my windows microsoft account picture with this error:Account picture error. This picture couldn't be saved.Any advice please? Have googled and tried all the fixes I could find...
  8. Account Picture Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Picture Error: Whenever I try to change my account picture it says "Setting the account picture failed. Please try again later." I have tried using other pictures, restarting my computer, updating my computer, resetting the files in the "User Account Pictures" folder and replacing all the...
  9. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.: Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again. Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N have the default grey person avatar... every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the...
  10. Account Picture Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account Picture Error: I've been trying to change my user account photo but every time I do, it give me an error message. Please help! 18649