Windows 10: Account Picture

Discus and support Account Picture in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, I reinstalled Windows 10. Thinking it would help the installation process, I turned off networking during the install. The upshot was, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gfd, Jan 5, 2019.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Account Picture

Greetings,

I reinstalled Windows 10. Thinking it would help the installation process, I turned off networking during the install. The upshot was, I wasn't given the option to log in using my Microsoft account. After installation, I updated my account to use my Microsoft account to log in. OK. The difference was, my user account picture did not show up in the login screen or the start menu. How many times did I use account in the last 2 sentences...???...*Huh

The system gives my the option to add a picture, but not my Microsoft account picture. Now you may say "well use another picture". That's fair. But my MS account picture is of my kids back home and I'm a long way off. Furthermore, I no longer have a copy of the pic. Kinda miss it.

Anybody got an idea how I might go about getting that picture back as my account pic on my machine? I'd be grateful for any help.

Graham

:)

2. Logon Screen Account Picture - Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Hi Orion,

Just to clarify, Are you able to view picture in Settings >Accounts?

If you are unable to view account picture

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on Accounts and Under Your picture.
    • Click on Browse and set profile picture.
    And check if the issue persist.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 5, 2019
  3. How to change account picture of DIFFERENT user in Windows 10?

Can I also set account picture for him?

Source How to Change Your Account Picture in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Account Picture

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Account Picture

1. Account Picture - Similar Threads - Account Picture

2. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  3. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017: when you're in windows, and you click on your silhouette in the window menu and pick "change account settings" able to "browse for one", but when you "choose picture" the error pops upAccount Picture Error this picture couldn't be saved Additional problem information: error...
  4. account picture error, this picture couldn't be saved, error code: 0xd0020017

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved: When I try to change the picture of my Windows account in Windows 11, I get this error "Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved"Error Code: 0x88982f8b...
  6. Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved

Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved: When I try to change the picture of my Windows account in Windows 11, I get this error "Account picture error, the picture couldn't be saved"Error Code: 0x88982f8b...
  7. Account Picture Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Picture Location: Okay just what the hell is going on with how Windows 10 stores/caches account pictures?! There are three seperate directories which I have checked mulitple times to find where these pictures get stored and all of them have been...
  8. Account Picture Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Picture Location: Okay just what the hell is going on with how Windows 10 stores/caches account pictures?! There are three seperate directories which I have checked mulitple times to find where these pictures get stored and all of them have been...
  9. Account Picture Location

10. Account picture error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture error: When I tried to change the picture on my desktop Settings > Accounts > Your Info, this error message appeared, and I could not find a solution to it.May I also ask how to change the name in Settings > Accounts > Your Info as well?...