Windows 10: account recovery , locked out of account

Discus and support account recovery , locked out of account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i purchased my laptop a week back and created a microsoft account but after a few days i forgot my password so tried to recover it by putting in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gurseece kochhar, Jun 21, 2024.

1. account recovery , locked out of account

i purchased my laptop a week back and created a microsoft account but after a few days i forgot my password so tried to recover it by putting in the details i put limited details as i didnt use that account anywhere else not on xbox or skype or outlook and didnt turn on the 2fa as the account is very new as i bought my laptop last week so didnt complete this . so then i submitted the form like 10 times now but i am getting the same mail saying unfortunately , we have determined that the info you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership . i need some help on this pl

:)

gurseece kochhar, Jun 21, 2024

2. Ubuntu account lock timer

There any way to change the timer that locks the account after inactivity or disable it?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 21, 2024
  4. account recovery , locked out of account

Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Recovery options in Windows - Microsoft Support

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

account recovery , locked out of account

1. account recovery , locked out of account - Similar Threads - account recovery locked

2. How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?: So I'm traveling with my sister and our house was just broken into..They only thing they stole of value was my sister's laptop, don't ask me how, but they have managed to log into her account, Yay!Now here's the issueThey have got into her Google account from her laptop, and...
  3. How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock an account with-out it's password or access to the recovery account?: So I'm traveling with my sister and our house was just broken into..They only thing they stole of value was my sister's laptop, don't ask me how, but they have managed to log into her account, Yay!Now here's the issueThey have got into her Google account from her laptop, and...
  4. Locked out of Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Account: I turned on my pc today and it asked me to sign in instead of my password, when I pressed sign in it asked me to put in an email verification code from an email account I dont know from Russia. I believe that the hacker stole my details and basically hijacked my account.I've...
  5. account recovery , locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account recovery , locked out of account: i purchased my laptop a week back and created a microsoft account but after a few days i forgot my password so tried to recover it by putting in the details i put limited details as i didnt use that account anywhere else not on xbox or skype or outlook and didnt turn on the...
  6. Account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account locked out: Hello can’t login to my personal account because it’s locked out to many failed attempts I’m trying to reset password but it won’t allow me to login to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-locked-out/cc03268d-5b64-438b-a2ec-20630350826e
  7. Locked out of account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  8. Locked out of account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  9. locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of account: When trying to reset my password or pin, I am locked out before I finish entering the requested information once. It does not send me a verification code via email. But does send a verification code via text message. When I call the 800 642 7676 it identifies the caller as...
  10. Locked out of account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account: I was locked out of my microsoft account for "violating the terms of service".I looked through they're reasons why you can be locked out, and I hadn't done anything related to sending malware, phishing, or messing with Microsoft.I did however several times redeem Robux for...