Windows 10: Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

Discus and support Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've set up an Outlook account for my young daughter and have successfully added her to my family along with account for elder daughter, but that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dave Gorton, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

Hi, I've set up an Outlook account for my young daughter and have successfully added her to my family along with account for elder daughter, but that account works fine. However. when I try to log into Windows to test her account, the password is not accepted, nor if I try to log into the online Microsoft Account. I can only presume I've managed to forget / mistype the password. I follow the MS Support articles and have competed the Account Recovery Form numerous times to no avail. I get a fail notification email and am asked to resubmit a new form. I'm stuck in a loop. What can I do to get

:)

Dave Gorton, Jan 25, 2023

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 25, 2023
  3. How to Reset & Recover Microsoft Account

This Forum article walks you through the account password reset, account recovery process, and offers tips and tricks to help get you into your account as quickly as possible.

A Microsoft
    account (formerly knowns as Windows Live ID) is what you use to sign in to
    Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant
    to you.

Watch the Instructional Video on the step by step password reset & recovery

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted? 04bdf669-13b1-4c11-8171-31ac39db2c5c.jpg

Password Reset

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it. First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're
    sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, you may need to reset your Microsoft Account password

To reset your password:

1. Go to the Reset your password page -
      https://aka.ms/MSAPWreset
    2. The short video provides step by step guide on how to reset your Microsoft Account Password
    3. To learn more on how you can protect your Microsoft Account, visit
      https://aka.ms/ProtectMSA

Account Recovery

If resetting your Microsoft Account password does not work, you may still recover your account by answering the Recovery Form.
    The account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. the recovery form gives you a chance to prove that you own your account.

Fill out Recovery Form

1. Go to https://account.live.com/acsr
    2. Enter a working email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery
    3. The short video provides step by step guide on how to recover your Microsoft Account through ACSR
    4. To lean more on Recovering Microsoft Account, please visit
      https://aka.ms/MSArecovery

Note:

The account recovery form works by asking questions about your account that only you could answer. Then, we review your answers and respond within 24 hours with either instructions to get back in to your account or a denial. Keep
    these tips in mind to help you succeed:

• Use a computer we’ll recognize. If possible, fill out the form on a computer that you’ve used to sign in to your account before.
    • Answer as many questions as possible. Not all the questions will apply to you, and that's ok. Don't worry if you don't have an answer. But it's better to guess and be close than to leave a question blank.
    • Give us a working email to contact you. We won't use this email address for spam, only to give you the results of your recovery request. You can even use a friend's account, or create a free temporary email.
    • If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information
      they know about your account. Visit this page to learn more about two step verification

PaulSey..., Jan 25, 2023
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

1. Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted? - Similar Threads - Account reset Recovery

2. Blocked Account / Recovery Form not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked Account / Recovery Form not working: I created a new account, but I have accidentally entered a wrong password due to network issues. . I tried filling out the recovery form, but I could not remember enough information, so it got rejected. Been Trying to access my account. the sad thing is i have newly purchased...
  3. Blocked Account / Recovery Form not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked Account / Recovery Form not working: I created a new account, but I have accidentally entered a wrong password due to network issues. . I tried filling out the recovery form, but I could not remember enough information, so it got rejected. Been Trying to access my account. the sad thing is i have newly purchased...
  4. How do I speak to someone when the account recovery bot isn't accepting my recovery form...

How do I speak to someone when the account recovery bot isn't accepting my recovery form...: Hello. I had a hotmail account and I was locked out of it because I did the wrong password too many times. When I finally found the password it was too late and I subsequently cannot access it. It is linked to my old mobile number so I cannot recover it that way. I have...
  5. How do I speak to someone when the account recovery bot isn't accepting my recovery form...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I speak to someone when the account recovery bot isn't accepting my recovery form...: Hello. I had a hotmail account and I was locked out of it because I did the wrong password too many times. When I finally found the password it was too late and I subsequently cannot access it. It is linked to my old mobile number so I cannot recover it that way. I have...
  6. How do I speak to someone when the account recovery bot isn't accepting my recovery form...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?: Hi, I've set up an Outlook account for my young daughter and have successfully added her to my family along with account for elder daughter, but that account works fine. However. when I try to log into Windows to test her account, the password is not accepted, nor if I try to...
  8. Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?

Account reset when Recovery Form isn't accepted?: Hi, I've set up an Outlook account for my young daughter and have successfully added her to my family along with account for elder daughter, but that account works fine. However. when I try to log into Windows to test her account, the password is not accepted, nor if I try to...
  9. Account Recovery Form Repeatedly Rejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Recovery Form Repeatedly Rejected: I am locked out of my entire laptop because we can not remember our Microsoft Pin. which has never been requested at login over the 2 years we have had this computer We have submitted the Account Recovery Form 6 times and it has been rejected each time. Is there anyone that...
  10. Account Recovery Form Repeatedly Rejected

Account Recovery Form Repeatedly Rejected: I am locked out of my entire laptop because we can not remember our Microsoft Pin. which has never been requested at login over the 2 years we have had this computer We have submitted the Account Recovery Form 6 times and it has been rejected each time. Is there anyone that...