Windows 10: Account Resets after each PC restart

Discus and support Account Resets after each PC restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quaminator, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Account Resets after each PC restart

I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on.

Fast forward to a few days ago I restarted it again and the same thing happened. This time I dug a little deeper and found this seems to be a reoccurring issue and followed so people’s advice to open the Command Prompt program and uninstall a problematic update. I did so and moved on. Unfortunately my SO logged onto their account (which is unharmed after all of this) and then initiated an update for some fucking reason which wiped mine again.

At this point I’m just desperate to do something, but can’t even open apps that seem to be installed (Minecraft, Amazon, etc). I can’t open them, I have reset and even tried to uninstall them and nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

submitted by /u/Quaminator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quaminator, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 13, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Account Resets after each PC restart

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Account Resets after each PC restart

1. Account Resets after each PC restart - Similar Threads - Account Resets each

2. Windows Security turns on after each restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security turns on after each restart: I have all the sliders in windows defender turned off, but ANYTIME I restart my computer, the first slider real-time protection turns on. I don't even click on the "turn on security" or whatever notification, but it always turns on. Is this an intended feature? Is there...
  3. PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps restarting after PC turned of during reset: Hi I reset my PC yesterday but the PC turned off during it and now it wont function proparly it turns on the does loads of spining dots then says restarting and it wont stop. And when it turns on it says press enter to interup normal start up but nothing happens and then...
  4. My HWID Changes after each restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HWID Changes after each restart: I have normal Windows 10, paid and everything purchased from microsoft. Everytime I restart my PC my HWID changes Here are my specs just in case they do anything 1TB WD Blue Desktop HDD Crucial M500 SSD AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU MSI ARMOR RX 580 GPU MSI B450 TOMAHAWK...
  5. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  6. Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart: Hello , i'm Currently using Windows 10 and I have been in a while , I like to do regular clean install every now and then when I feel my pc is slowing down . so here the problem that never happened with me before after I did a clean install for windows 10 my ethernet...
  7. Pc restart loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc restart loop after factory reset: I recently did a factory reset on my dell laptop and after the reset was done and it was time for the setup i put in my country, app language, keyboard layout, and timezone then i got an error message basicaly saying it needs an update and to plug it in and connect it to wifi...
  8. Pc keeps restarting after resetting network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc keeps restarting after resetting network: My pc keeps restarting. It gets to the log in screen and takes a minute to load and a message comes up up windows encounter an error and your pc will restart. This all started after resetting my network....
  9. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...
  10. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

in Windows 10 Support
    After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never": Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the screen blacks out is reset to "Never" *Mad. I don't want Windows to do this. I want this setting to stay at 10 minutes. How can I...