Windows 10: Account Security Code

Discus and support Account Security Code in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was going to change some privacy settings in my account, so I signed in to my account, but couldn't progress to the info I needed. When I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by George Flach, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Account Security Code

I was going to change some privacy settings in my account, so I signed in to my account, but couldn't progress to the info I needed. When I clicked on the appropriate button it took me to a different Microsoft account page, and asked me to sign in again. When I did, I got this pop-up concerning security. I've seen these before, and usually they send a code to your email. This box listed my email correctly, and below were two choices...I have a code, and I don't have any of these. I guess meaning no code and the email is wrong. But the email was correct, so I checked my email, and there was no code. I went back and clicked on "I don't have any of these" and the system wanted me to use an alternative email. I don't have one.

So now what? I can use my account, obviously, since I'm here. But the account settings area is separate, and it's not working for me. No code is being sent, and I don't have an alternate email. And I don't use a smart phone. The rural area I live in isn't conducive to cell service, so no texts.

None of this would be a problem if they just emailed the code to my correct address, which they have.

Sorry about the Windows topics I put in down below, but there isn't a category for just Microsoft. Any help if appreciated. Thanks.

:)

George Flach, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 17, 2020
  3. RobJLau Win User
    Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Vayra86 Win User

Account Security Code

Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Account Security Code

1. Account Security Code - Similar Threads - Account Security Code

2. Can't sign into account, not receiving security codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into account, not receiving security codes: I have been trying to sign into my account for a few days now. I remember the password but it doesn't work so I don't know how it changed. I followed the instructions to have a code sent to my phone since I have 2FA authentication and it accepts the last 4 digits of my phone...
  3. Can't sign into account, not receiving security codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into account, not receiving security codes: I have been trying to sign into my account for a few days now. I remember the password but it doesn't work so I don't know how it changed. I followed the instructions to have a code sent to my phone since I have 2FA authentication and it accepts the last 4 digits of my phone...
  4. Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.: So I try to log in right and there is the security code and I press sent but I didn't get whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-get-the-microsoft-account-security-code/b1647115-6787-47c6-ba19-f87fa6a5378c
  5. Security code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security code: This is really damn sad for Microsoft, You keep nagging me for a code that you never send on cellphone or mail and threaten with closure of account just because I use an VPN and was logged on in Australia so I could see some local shows not allowed elsewhere- Have you not an...
  6. Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Microsoft account security code - WHY?: In removing Windows Insider version from my Surface Book (was in fast ring- had numerous instabilities ) and resetting back to 'vanilla' Windows 10 Pro, I had to access my account for Bitlocker key. Easy to get to on my Asus Laptop (that I have had unmodified for years),...
  7. I dont receive microsoft account security codes

I dont receive microsoft account security codes: I have checked spam, all possible emails. I resend it as many times as i want but i still dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-receive-microsoft-account-security-codes/5972f398-b016-4204-a693-b54af2ea1f00"
  8. Security Code

Security Code: Why do I receive microsoft messages in Spanish when my region is the UK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code/6064cdb5-8994-42f8-9ffa-a0cfac1438ba"
  9. security code

security code: I am not receiving the security code (windows) on my mobile!!! and at the same time windows is not giving me options other than receiving the code through my mobile number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code/09be9b09-117c-46ba-ae0c-61cfc9ff9a47"
  10. Security code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security code: The security code I received on my phone contains 6 numbers. Microsoft keeps asking for 7. I tried different downloads but nothing works. How can I get 7 numbers if you only send me 6....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone account code