Windows 10: Account Security Questions Microsoft

Discus and support Account Security Questions Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesRoo2, Jun 23, 2020.

1. JamesRoo2 Win User

Account Security Questions Microsoft

I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted computers from my account. Nowhere can I find the ability to add or remove any security questions and answers.

:)

JamesRoo2, Jun 23, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft account - Are security questions removed after I enabled the 2-step verification?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Generally, a security question is helpful to recover your Microsoft account password, when you lose access to it. Enabling Two-step verification won't effect your security question, instead it is an advanced security feature that makes it harder for someone
    to break in to your account with just a stolen password. To replace your security info

• Go to
      Security settings
      , and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• If you’re asked to enter a security code to continue, and you can’t get that code, choose
      I don't have any of these or I can't verify my account from the drop-down list, then follow the instructions to reset your security info.

• On the Security settings page, your security info is under Security info helps keep your account secure. Choose
      Remove for any you want to remove. You may be prompted to add new security info before you can remove the old info.

If you remove all of your security info, there’s a 30-day wait during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options. During this period you can still use your email, Skype,
    OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you’ll be notified that the wait is over and it’s time to enter new security info.

Learn more

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 23, 2020
  4. zsolt_93 Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

You could create a secondary account that is Microsoft account and leave the current one as it is. And it should only sync the Microsoft acc. eneabled user and you can still have your old things as they always were, in case you question MS security and what they might collect about you.

zsolt_93, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Account Security Questions Microsoft - Similar Threads - Account Security Questions

2. Microsoft 'Your Phone' Security question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 'Your Phone' Security question: I recently started using Your Phone on Windows 10.One thing that concerns me is that information uploaded from the phone such as 'Messages' continue to be displayed in the Your Phone window after the phone has been powered off. The information remains even after re-booting...
  3. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  4. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  5. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question: Greetings everyone, I hope you are well. Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able to log into my pc via pin code and that is great. I keep getting alerted about the pc not being able to sign into the...
  6. Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks

Question on Windows 10 Microsoft Account Security Risks: I am wondering about the risks of using a microsoft account instead of local account on windows installation. If the microsoft account I signed up with got compromised, what additional risks are there to having the same account tied to my pc? I know that emails/onedrive are...
  7. Question about Microsoft account security

Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  8. Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account question: I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync....
  9. Built in Administrator - account security questions?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator - account security questions?: After a couple of weeks of using Windows 10, I finally have the OS installed, tweaked and personalized. The last thing on the list is to tighten-up the default security account/settings of Windows 10 on the PC. In the past I attempted to do this w/ Windows 7 with...
  10. Microsoft Account Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Question: Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while logged into your local account 4971