Windows 10: Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

Discus and support Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I seem to have an email attached to my microsoft account that is not mine. How do I remove it, especially since I cannot access certain features... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Calbecca, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Calbecca Win User

Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

Hi

I seem to have an email attached to my microsoft account that is not mine. How do I remove it, especially since I cannot access certain features that require an password since the incorrect email shos in the dialog box?

:)

Calbecca, Sep 17, 2018

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 17, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

1. Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine. - Similar Threads - Account seems email

2. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  3. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  4. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account: Hello all,I am trying to make a purchase on the Microsoft Store but it is asking me to "verify your email" but for an email address that is not for the account i am using. My accounts and computer were previously compromised but i have since secured them and no longer have...
  5. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account: Hello all,I am trying to make a purchase on the Microsoft Store but it is asking me to "verify your email" but for an email address that is not for the account i am using. My accounts and computer were previously compromised but i have since secured them and no longer have...
  6. Verify your email for an email address that isnt mine on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Another Account of Mine Was Hacked and The Hacker Replaced the Email

Another Account of Mine Was Hacked and The Hacker Replaced the Email: I'm asking this question on a secondary account due to this situation, but my account was hacked and the person who hacked it changed the email for it. Due to the email being changed it no longer says it exists when I try to fill out any forms or try to sign in to the...
  8. Microsoft email attached to user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft email attached to user accounts: Is there a way to change the email on the user account? Under settings -> Account -> Your info the name of the user is listed and under that is the email and under that is either Administrator or Local account. I would like to change the email associated with the account...
  9. Email account is not Mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email account is not Mine: Somehow my daughters gmail inbox is showing when I sign into my gmail account on my computer. How do I have my inbox show and not my daughters in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-is-not-mine/01f42c76-c417-4a4c-8daa-10326a852148
  10. account that's not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account that's not mine: there is or was 2 accounts on my laptop and they are not my i WANT THEM OFF MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-thats-not-mine/b5ab0a69-60d6-40af-9e31-bc475cfdc204"